Idot_dannyboy for Senate

Welp my fellow citizens, we find ourselves here again. Most of you know my experience so I’m not gonna blabber on about that, so I’ll just summarize. Under my old username, DannyboyLaw, I served as: Chief Court Justice, Lt. Governor, Senator, Representative, Attorney General, and a good bit more. It’s easy to say I am one of the most experienced people in the state. As such, in this time of Congressional crisis, I feel it’s my obligation to return to the government to fix shit.

Selling Points

Serving the people
So I’m not gonna give the classic “I’ll do what the people want!” because anyone who uses that tag line is bullshitting you. You can’t always do what the people want because it will screw us all long term. The average age range of our community literally lacks development in the section of the brain that controls impulse control and emotion. Is it really the best idea to go blindly into what anybody wants at any given moment? No. Walking off a cliff because everyone agrees on that course of action is a poor defense. A good politician is able to balance the will of the people, opinion of experts, and the common good. I have the experience to do that.

Legal expertise and dedicate to justice
I am (really trying not to toot my own horn here too hard, but hey it’s a political speech) one of the most prominent lawyers in the state, having serving our legal system since August of 2017. I have, often to the general displeasure of the most vocal ignoramuses in the community, made the hard decisions that protect our rights and ensure order. You can look at my history as a judge and justice for that. I also manage the Criminal Code. I feel that’s a pretty good indicator of my competence to create legislation. Hell, look at what I have made. Uniformed Control of Firearms act which revolutionized our firearms laws and protected us? Me. The new classification bill that Shark copied from me (not slighting him, glad he got my bill passes)? Me. The RICO Act which empowers our law enforcement to crack down on organized crime? Me. I make the legislation that is hard and complex, and I do it well.

I listen
Despite the valid points made two sections ago, I will still hear the opinions of anyone who cares to offer them. I may not always agree with them and act on them, but by the Flying Spaghetti Monster I will hear them.

Plans

The Constitutional Convention
I have forwarded my services to FIoat and his fellows to assist in the Constitutional convention. I hope to be a writing member. As such, I will support and defend our rights. One thing I’d love to get in there is a mandatory public referendum for any Constitutional amendment. It solves many problems ranging from Congress just shitting our crappy amendments to their own power, and allows the people a way to influence the document that binds them. Will it maybe screw us sometime? Hey probably. But in the long term I feel it’s worth it.

Reducing Seats
You all know my position on the number of seats in Congress. There’s too many. I mean we really just don’t need this many even excluding the competency point. Reducing the seats by 1-3 per house allows more dedicated members to rise and curbs inactivity.

Actually fixing the name and badge request issues without endangering our rights
So yeah, most of Congress’ current amendments to do this either: don’t functionally do it, or endanger our rights. My personal favorite being the one that just gave law enforcement pretty much full discretion over when they give their name and badge. In a game where we’re not allowed to use the leader board for IDs, that’s probably a really bad idea! You can, in fact, cut out the dangerous loopholes like team chat, non-English requests, off duty, etc. without making it so LEOs can do whatever the fuck they want. Don’t know why that’s so hard to realize, but I can fix it.

That concludes my speech. I hope I can count on y’alls support!

2 Likes

support 100%

3 Likes

support

4 Likes

This is a support right here

3 Likes

danny can actually yell at us when we mess up writing legislation

3 Likes

Support!!

3 Likes

But do you actually listen though :eyes::thinking:

Support :joy:

3 Likes

Support,

Signed,
Governor B_ear.

3 Likes

SUPPORT!

2 Likes

Support.

2 Likes

Support and endorsed.

Elite_Creations
County Executive
Stapleton County

3 Likes

Support

3 Likes

Support!

bodyistosimilartowhatyoureceentlyposted

3 Likes

support

3 Likes

Support…

3 Likes

Support

3 Likes

Support

Signed,

AlexTheAviatorRBLX

District Chairman, District of Prominence.

1153 Capitol Street, District of Prominence, Firestone.

3 Likes

support

3 Likes

Support!!!

2 Likes

support

2 Likes