[IDEA] Recall

Yeah. Over 80 of Water and his friends petitioned to impeach OVG over a decision that had to be made to stop corruption.

3 Likes

Constitutional/Limited Monarchy, my bad*

1 Like

Proof?

Unfortunately it appears to be either unlisted or deleted. But it had enough replies and supports that would probably reach the threshold for your recall plan e.e You can ask around to people like OVG or those in Congress at the time of how they were getting badgered about it.

1 Like

Anyways, the point is that if people want to recall OVG, so be it. Itā€™s just popular opinion.

Fuck popular opinion. First of all, it changes as often as the weather, two thatā€™s how you get Nazis. Sometimes politicians need to make decisions that people donā€™t like at first or at all to protect and help the state as a whole. People may at first dislike it and act rash, but after awhile may come to support or understand.

1 Like

Please explain to me how 80 people wouldā€™ve come to the conclusion that OVGā€™s firing of Water was unjustified.

Ignorance, or false information by Water and his cronies.

1 Like

Proof I donā€™t think 80 people would come to the same conclusion.

Itā€™s common senseā€¦? One, people are ignorantā€¦ Two, water was a corrupt wacko beant on committing a coupā€¦?

1 Like

I think you are forgetting that 80 is a significant number.

Not really. There are like 600-1000 members on this forum, and about 1k-1.5k total active users in FS. 80, while still a large minority, would be easy to achieve by a vocally large group like say a single department. http://prntscr.com/kf246k

1 Like

If you think 80 people are an insignificant number, so be it. However, this is why the recall campaign has another checkpoint. In the referendum, people can be able to reject popular opinion without being watered down.

pun not intended

Yeah, but it still damages a personā€™s reputation to be the one guy/gal that had to have a public referendum over if they should stay or not. And once again, if by some act of God this is even considered, I demand the judiciary be exempt.

1 Like

It would even reinforce their reputation by proving that the people concur.

good idea but people woud a buse it

If you do bring this about please donā€™t include judges in it as it would cause judges to consider what the public would think about a ruling instead of just focusing on what the facts say. Thus enormous damage would be dealt to the independency of the judicial branch.

Such damage could cause for the eventual fall of the government

Whether or not the system is officially in place, thereā€™s an indirect recall system already in place. The people will always have the power over any branch within the government, should they be united. If they want someone removed and they all unite, it can be done, regardless whether itā€™s reasonable or not.

1 Like

Would be abused way too much, would corrupt our Judicial system, would turn us into a power hungry Oligarchy. No suport for this idea.

1 Like