Hostage situations (in terms of roleplay)

I would like to remind to you that Fed establishes roleplay guidelines. All questions in this case are to Fed. Fed basically prohibited us to meet any demands at all, therefore negotiations are no longer possible and are officially limited to
“Surrender”
“no”
“Ok we’re breaching then”
This is not our fault and, infact, we tried to stop Fed from changing the way hostage situations work, but he refused to listen to us.
You, as a SWAT Operative, probably should know better about this situation.

P.S. Anyone whining about tactical teams rushing hostage situations should probably learn how to prevent them from rushing instead of whining.

3 Likes

Yeah, I’m aware of the guidelines Fed established for hostage situations, however they don’t prevent negotiations from being possible. I still manage to negotiate, even with the restrictions Fed has put in place in regards to them. It’s not just demanding their surrender and storming in on them.

The least you are still able to do is try to gain an idea of the welfare of the hostages, their health, etc. Other than that though, yeah, it’s pretty restrictive but we have to adapt to it. I understand that it’s easier to just “fuck it”, rush in and end the scene 1-2 minutes after it’s started but it doesn’t make it the right thing to do if your aim is to at least try to maintain some form of roleplay.

From what I’ve seen and heard in the past, I’ve come to the conclusion that you’d rather rush in and get it over with because you can’t be fucked to deal with Fed’s issues with roleplaying it. If I’m wrong, fine, that’s my bad, but it doesn’t seem that you are one to adapt your idea of what’s right to do.

If I’m wrong about that then fair enough, that’s completely on me.

P.S. Anyone whining about tactical teams rushing hostage situations should probably learn how to prevent them from rushing instead of whining.

Also though, how would you recommend criminals prevent us [tactical officers] from rushing in? (just a general question, anyone can respond to it if they want to)

I’d say that maybe they could organise some sort of distraction, or could use a location where rushing in would be difficult/risky to do, or even have several gunmen/women in different areas of a building that would make breaching a lot more challenging to carry out.

Those are just a few, quick and basic ideas though. Obviously they’d need more thought.

2 Likes

there honestly is no other way lol

for bank robberies: one way entrance and exit, the bank is the size of one of the offices in CD, meaning its either we exit violently or just run for our lives which end up in us getting tased from like 3-carlengths distance lol

for stores: there aren’t any back doors or anything aswell such as emergency exits, so its just run out and thats all

2 Likes

I do not see a point in negotiating for hostage situations, because I can’t offer anything other than to surrender. You can’t comply with demands, you can’t offer something in return, you can’t go inside, you have to rush the moment you hear shots and so on because FED SAID SO. And by the way, Fed himself said that hostage’s lives do not matter. If that is the official position of the entire group, then I shall not go against it, why should I make my life harder?

There are a lot of ideas. One thing is when you try to prevent rushing somehow at least, another thing is you just stand still in an open spot, come out of cover and then cry that you got killed a second after. I’m not going to mention how you can prevent it, people who are actually interested in doing so know how to do it anyway, people who seek to make excuses and blame LEOs won’t care.

There were hostage situations including at the bank where I couldn’t rush in because I risked deaths of civilians.

2 Likes

Firestone used to attract people who wanted to roleplay.
It’s expanded and since then the state no longer completes that task.
This is why Firestone is failing.

2 Likes

I mean even an attempt and I’d be glad with that, I tried to negotiate using money in which I’d grab at the door at SCMC and FNG just rushes in and cuffs me lol

it didn’t even need to be actual money, just something to play with to send the hostages down, and they fucked it up. x2 of the hostages on the top floor got murdered for them entering, we TOLD THEM we’d let them go if they just negotiated with us, but they insisted on rushing in not making it fun at all lol.

and in the end of the day, we both lost about 550 for the knife, the scene ended up being shit and it ended within 5 minutes.

even if you attempt to negotiate anything such as putting money at the door, thank you

5 Likes

We aren’t actually supposed to negotiate by giving hostage takers cash due to Fed, but some tactical officers do it anyhow because ultimately, it gets 1-2, maybe all, of the hostages safely secured. If Fed was there, he’d scream at us for doing it because it’s supposedly “unrealistic” in his view.

According to Fed, in real-life situations, authorities don’t give criminals cash if they demand it in return for the release of a hostage. However, maybe a week ago I saw a news story about authorities giving a suspect who held up a bank cash for him to then walk out and leave with it.

Hey ho, we gotta listen to Fed regardless because at the end of the day, he has the big red button that determines whether we’re in or we’re out of the group!

2 Likes

Idk if you’re referring to this forum post that fed made about priority call changes:

but this is what the hostage situation part stated:

“So this is good knowledge for the Criminal side. When doing a hostage situation, there are reasonable requests and unreasonable requests, of course officers won’t give you 1,000,000 dollars, or 100% let you have no charges with a clean escape, that’s not how life in Firestone works, do the crime, you face the time, unless you successfully get away. **If you want a pizza for a hostage? That’s fine, ** however it is no longer allowed for officers to enter a building involving a hostage situation/active shooter situation without his/her firearm drawn , so dropping a pizza inside a building cannot happen anymore. They can however drop it outside the front doors. Officers are also allowed to negotiate and offer undercharging, giving less time or even dropping a whole charge to a suspect, once the suspect is in cuffs however it is to their discretion to keep that promise or not. This should be the primary thing offered to suspects over food items in-game as it makes the most logical sense.”

4 Likes

That and him telling us on separate occasions that we aren’t allowed to do it.

2 Likes

wait so putting money on the outside as well (or the item on the outside)?

2 Likes

this is why people dont do them anymore, the criminals who do hostage sits WANT to roleplay, not just get flash banged instantly and then cuff rushed without time to react

4 Likes

this happened before that lol.

also, pretty sure fed’s rule is if there’s active shooting to go in? not if there’s a hostage sit

2 Likes

Honestly, I couldn’t be sure.

2 Likes

it’s just so confusing from every perspective

3 Likes

Not all criminals that do hostage situations roleplay them. I’ve encountered numerous before where a hostage taker has simply stood in the back of a bank until the alarm ended, then shot their hostage and run out in an attempt to evade.

Although, yeah, even as a tactical officer myself, it’s annoying when I see other tactical officers simply rush into a hostage situation instead of negotiating or even attempting some sort of roleplay. Something needs to be done to resolve this issue, however, Fed has his own opinions around the subject and us tactical officers have become very restricted as to what we can do now.

The restrictions Fed has put in place include:

• Any officer who enters a building during an active hostage situation/etc, must enter with their firearm drawn. This simply doesn’t work for these situations because most, if not all, hostage takers demand that we drop our weapons (when entering/inside a building).

• Law enforcement must establish a perimeter, typically with their vehicles/etc, and once setup, should not be moved, unless their is a risk to an officer. This doesn’t work either because most hostage takers demand that we move our vehicles in various ways.

• Any hostage taker that uses their firearm during a hostage situation must be met with a lethal response as it’s now an activer shooter situation. This means that we have to breach and clear the building you’re in, which is 50/50 in terms of how it ends. Personally, I’d prefer to dwindle down the number of hostages first, but hey ho, Fed’s rules are law.

The other rule he’s implemented (but doesn’t apply to tactical officers at all) is that hostage takers are not allowed to injure a hostage down to 1hp (i.e. 1 shot to kill) - it’s now considered fail roleplay.

It’s not official, but we’re supposedly not allowed to give hostage takers cash or anything of the sort either, which just makes our (tactical officers) jobs a lot more difficult.

We have to put up with it and put up with a guy who’s opinions include this:

Screenshot_19

Screenshot_21

Screenshot_22

Hey ho, we put up with what we have to! At the end of the day, he has the big red button that can ban us from this community so most of us just follow the rules because we’d rather not be banned.

@Cuxle I’ve re-read the post Fed made (the one you linked above) and can see that it states we can drop items outside of a building but not inside because it puts the officer at risk of harm or death.

2 Likes

yeah that makes sense, I’ve also tried requesting that, or for them to throw it in the building (such as opening the door and throwing inside) but none of those ever happen lol

3 Likes

LEO’s can still meet demands and negotiate. Fed compromised and allowed us to meet demands such as a pizza, however we are no longer allowed to go into the building with our hands up and the likes. However we can no longer provide cash as you said, not that anyone was anyway.

(Source: Feds forum post and also cuxle)

CC: @Doktor710

3 Likes

I remember how when Fed brought command from SWAT and CRT to a group chat to discuss the changes I gave him multiple real life examples of why he’s wrong and his logic isn’t based on “real life” as he keeps saying. He just said “good example” and then switched the subject insantly. Our entire discussion was him switching the subject around until he got tired of it and just went with the changes.

4 Likes

Yeah, from what I’ve seen over and over again, he doesn’t seem to care about much that isn’t his or the same as his opinion. It’s really not a good attribute to have as the founder of a roleplay State when the whole State thrives because of its community.

Stop listening to that community and disregard their opinions, and well, you lose that community!

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

2 Likes