Having a Firestone Weather Service?

Alr so, it’s what the title says. I noticed that theres been an uprise in weather related roleplays recently, and unless it gets with water, nobody can really well… issue any advisories to control the roleplays. It would be a solely roleplay department, and is voluntary department who can issue like weather advisories and control roleplays like I said earlier. Also take part in natural disaster roleplays and collab with other depts to make roleplays, etc. I feel like this will be a fun opportunity for some people. They would only have like 2 divisions, one to like make the advisories who are “meteorologists” and another to help with aftermath. This would ofc be v3. Thoughts? (ps sorry if i do anything wrong, this is my 2nd topic)

5 Likes

I honestly think that it would be a useless addition; it should rather only be weather ingame, such as snow, rain, etc.

4 Likes

Yes but, more roleplay side of things, not like the rain/snow cycle. The things they make advisories for would be like natural disasters, heat waves, etc.

2 Likes

Honestly news/weather stations tend to be privately owned, so put together a private weather service, call yourselves the “Firestone Weather Service” and do everything you suggested to do.

People tend to call things “useless” when they don’t see any potential in it. Anyone who’s motivated, capable, and knowledgeable about the things they’re trying to create can turn something from being thought of as useless to a pretty neat concept.

I hope this idea is pursued.

2 Likes

they are usually backed with meteorological data from a public corporation, since governments need accurate weather data too (e.g. in the United Kingdom, most weather like MeteoGroup or Weather Channel use data provided from The Met Office, a government agency)

1 Like

imo the game should have a sort of predictable weather system, this way news corporations like FBC or FNN can give accurate weather forecasts, rn the weather is a random number generator on-demand (or something like that) which makes forecasts basically impossible.

1 Like

Yes, I agree, but for it to work it would need government power to like issue official advisories that mean stuff. Otherwise people won’t listen and they’ll get no help.

1 Like

just have FNN do it

2 Likes

again, fnn cant issue advisories that affect the government

1 Like

bruh this is a Roblox game you don’t need to be 100 percent realistic

privately owned and supported by the government is what’s best for this

1 Like

I don’t know why you’d need advisories that affect government when the worst weather in Stapleton County is fog and rain. Rather silly idea in my opinion. It would be useful to have a UI for ASU warning them if it’ll rain in like 2 minutes so they can land.

2 Likes

just give it to dps

1 Like

again, this does not have anything to do with the ingame weather system. i like the asu idea doe

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

1 Like