Functional Bowling Alley!

We do have chunk loading systems to solve this.

2 Likes

v2 has no hype and never will again

2 Likes

civ team would be way more fun and people would have something to do rather than being a cfl warrior at cd. SUPPORT!!!

6 Likes

Just in case anyone wanted to know, the past couple weeks I’ve been slowly coding a discord bot to add some kind of functionality to the bowling alley and within the next coming weeks it should be somewhat operational.

Plans:
• Team/Lane & Game Creation System - In Progress
• Randomly Generated Pin Knockout Numbers - Planned
• Mathematics for Strikes and Spares - Planned
• Visual Playerboard - Planned
• Lane Bumpers - Planned
• Help System - Planned
• Point-Of-Sale (POS) System - Planned

Feel free to reply here or DM me if any other functionalities you think the bot should have.

This system will be managed by staff team in which the receptionists will add you to the bot when you enter and get setup to play and then floor staff will be able to make any changes needed as they come across them. Players of a team will have access to a private discord channel that’ll either be in the main Pins discord or in a separate one just for this where the bot will notify who’s turn it is and then they can use the commands given to play, see their score, call for help, etc.

3 Likes

Could you explain how this would work?

Not like the bot scripting, but how you would roll a ball through a discord bot.

1 Like

Due to the limitations of what can be done solely on Discord, it’ll be a randomly generated number and then for the second roll, it’ll take into account how many pins are left and then randomly pick between the available numbers. In the future, I’ll plan for it to make like a split pin situation and then add probability and all that to choose the odds of being able to hit the pin(s).

4 Likes

So, from what you said, when you start a game you set up players, or whatever, and when it is a player’s turn the bot will generate a random number, then that will decide where the ball would go.

If that is understandable and correct I would like to suggest this, instead of it being randomly generated, maybe have the player decide the number, so it’s interactive and not just watching the bot.

An example may be:

It is now [players name]’s turn. Please choose a number through 1-10 (doesn’t have to be restricted to those)

1 Like

you do understand if the person picks the number it loses the purpose of it not being a one-way game right

4 Likes

I understand players may want to choose their numbers but some people will choose to get all strikes or spares. People don’t get to choose how many pins they knock down IRL.

2 Likes

Makes sense, thank you

1 Like

So, the text will be:
<@player>, it is your turn to bowl. Please type ;bowl to begin your turn.
You may also type ;lb to view your lane’s leaderboard or !help to request lane assistance.

This is what I’m planning on it saying.

3 Likes

reminds me of paintball

1 Like