support

3 Likes

mid candidates

2 Likes

Support plz

1 Like

Support

1 Like

ok ngl its not a bad campaign, super generic per the usual so it eventually goes from
skills ā†’ plans ā†’ popularity

but hereā€™s a question:

what do you think is wrong with municipalities? what are some solutions you can think of? how do you intend on coming to these solutions?

obviously this is a question thatā€™s hard to answer, but if you really think about it Iā€™d like to see what you have to say.

also @e6thn, @OliverSteph @Baconman1399 @EndocryneIndex answer the above^^^

1 Like

Not the easiet question, howeverā€¦
Itā€™s not that there are issues with municipalities, itā€™s just the fact that its usefulness in the current version is deprecated by 1) the amount of development support it receives from the Founders and 2) the amount of general hate they receive from the public eye, considering that no one takes municipalities ā€œseriousā€.

The only other ā€œmajorā€ issue I would see with municipalities is the lack of regard for superior law. Some lawmakers of all three municipalities (past or present) tend to overlook superior law, essentially causing the ā€œCease and Desistā€ outbreaks. As a solution, we could enhance the legislative/legal review aspect of our municipalities, which our campaign already mentions that weā€™ll be doing.

Surely the things that Iā€™ve mentioned donā€™t happen too often, but it isnā€™t like there are things that could happen. We donā€™t have any subordinate entities, and no one really has any regard for criminal offenses or traffic infractions we enact. I foresee that real issues will begin upon the release of version 3, in which the Redwood Police Department would exist.

I often find comments like these as generic responses to ā€œgeneric campaignsā€. Might you know away that we can turn from genericism through campaigning?

Thank you for the questions.

3 Likes

To add onā€¦ in every campaign that Iā€™ve made or been a part of, Iā€™ve never once lied about what Iā€™d be doing.

All in all, is a generic campaign really a bad thing if the campaigner fulfills their goals and plans?

2 Likes

Things such as ā€œtransparencyā€ and ā€œpromoting businessesā€ are always mentioned however never have any actual substance (and are also relatively impossible to actually do). Maybe adding in ways about HOW one would promote businesses and what exactly seems to be a primary issue for businesses.

Another common trend with candidacies are things such as ā€œReview mayoral decreesā€ or ā€œnullify useless billsā€

In my opinion these are things that should already be getting done, not a whole seperate campaign goal

When making a campaign I try to focus on a vety specific issue and explain how I intend on achieving such goals:

for example, in my arborfield re-election speech (which i wont get to do because Iā€™m a CRIMINAL lawyer) I listed a key issue being the innability for citizens to interract with the legislative branch of government. As a solution, I intended on creating a referendum system in order to better represent the interests of the people in their cityā€™s chambers

radical change is what people want, so why continue to remain generic?

~fin

1 Like

Redwood has already set up an office with this exact purpose. Business owners are able to advertise their business operations within the City of Redwood Discord (using the #business-ad channel!). The promotion of commercial business can consist of a multitude of things, including community events (in which Redwood would contact commercial food suppliers for those who would like to participate) and all other sorts of things.

But looking at it from a realistic perspectiveā€¦ that does need to happen anyway. At some point, the 8-month-old executive law will become outdated, and will eventually need review. The statement itself may be generic, but there is really no other way to make that statement without going on some unneeded tanget that makes up 50% of your campaigns wordcount.

I agree, however, there is only a sole Executive of the City. If that Executive cannot take these responsibilities upon himself, it is up to his successors to do it.

You also mention that you address key issues throughout your campaign, I believe weā€™ve already accomplished that in ours. Reference the following:

Overall, Iā€™m not disagreeing with you, and we appreciate the feedback.

3 Likes

well this system already kind of exists both within the DOCM discord and the FS discord. At a point it only becomes a repetitive system. What does the commerce relations office necessarily do other than manage a business-advertisements channel? Maybe you could expand the powers of this office?

I entirely agree that things need to be reviewed every so often, and Iā€™m not necessarily arguing the invalidity of such a goal however it shouldnā€™t necessarily be a goal

What exactly is wrong with the city clerkā€™s office? what mayoral decree are you going to propose in order to mitigate this problem?

I actually do like this idea and more systems of checks and balances never hurt

This used to exist in the form of the County relations chamber (forgor the actual name) however it was eventually nullified due to its consistent inactivity. How do you intend on both persuading state and county government into remaking this chamber and how will your administration utilise it?

As you can see there are questions unanswered which leads to people such as myself wondering ā€œwhy?ā€

1 Like

There are other duties, such as hosting events (which Iā€™ve already mentioned and I donā€™t want to be repetitive), alongside any other duties that the Mayor designates to them. But that is what Mayoral Decree #16 (Office of Commerce Relations) states. Surely there can be more to include, such as setting up conferences with business owners in order to see how Redwood can best benefit them. However, that loops back into reviewing and modernizing older Mayoral Decreesā€¦ as you can see, Mayoral Decree #16 was signed by Mayor Donxld in February of this year, and has not been touched since (to my knowledge).

I think we can agree to disagree.

As a member (and Chairman) of the City Council, alongside being an Alderman in the past, weā€™ve often had issues with the City Clerks office and their ability to keep our records up-to-date. It has come to the point where legislation to keep our records up-to-date (A Bill to Keep the City Records Up-To-Date) was created by myself, and unfortunately is not enforced by our Mayor.

Initially, I wanted the Mayor himself to handle this issue through decree. However, the only Mayoral Decree that even touches base on the City Clerk (Regulating the City Clerk) is nearly two years old.

All in all, this issue requires the intervention of those who are really determined to fix it. Our goal is to nullify all laws regarding it, statute, or decree, through appropriate process and then enact a new Decree, touching on what the standing statute does alongside what existing executive decree does, and then actually enforce it.

We donā€™t want to remake this chamber, that wasnā€™t our goal. As a member of the state legislature myself, Congress is already discussing the topic of allowing county & municipal entities to have a section on the criminal code. Our goal as Municipal Mayors is to hopefully reinforce this subject, which will effectively benefit all municipalities instead of just ours.

2 Likes

Iā€™m sure we (sith, me) answered similar questions in our campaign post.

1 Like

Sorry! No idea why this tag didnā€™t do though, lucky to see it!

Municipalities right now, while vastly improved, still lack the importance they hold in real life. In your life, the municipal governments are meant to represent your direct interests, rather than the broad interests higher governments represent. In Firestone, however, jurisdiction is so minimalized that rarely, if ever, traffic codes and laws passed by municipalities go unnoticed and unenforced. Municipalities continue to gain recognition, yet only from those who canā€™t do anything about the important problems. Hope this is not too broad, just got home from school and my head is fuzzy. Feel free to ask further questions.

2 Likes

I was more concerned with the ā€œwhat do you think is wring with municipalitiesā€ question (which you have not answered on your campaign). Simply interested to hear what your stance on municipalities is

1 Like

GO VOTE!! City Mayor Voting, October 2022