Firestone Pursuit Policy

Hello, I am a Corporal in the Firestone State Patrol. I believe that Law Enforcement departments within The State of Firestone and Stapleton County should implement a pursuit policy due to civilian casualties. After being a Trooper and then a Corporal I have been in many pursuits and I have seen many civilians injured in said pursuits, most of which started from a small traffic offense. I believe there should be a policy stating that if someone runs from the police for a small traffic offense you shouldn’t be allowed to pursue. Now don’t get me wrong I believe if it is a major incident that he is running from like murder, hit and run, or something in those lines they should be pursued but it is not worth putting the public lives in danger for a minor traffic offense. Please support if you agree.

2 Likes

I do support this.

But, the primary officer should reasonably decide if a suspect is worthy of a vehicle pursuit, and that shouldn’t require a policy. Nonetheless, a policy would be much needed if not already implemented and enforced.

2 Likes

If we allow people to drive off on us, everyone will assume it’s okay.

4 Likes

Let’s say we allow them to drive off, we got their license in our system and we should just set a BOLO on the vehicle desc.

Also hearing a BOLO GUI will be added at some point, said process could be even easier and lower pursuit casualties.

2 Likes

BOLO’s have a low effectiveness rate due to people leaving, joining server and not receiving BOLO information.

2 Likes

As of right now, I totally agree.

I would argue a BOLO database that fed mentioned earlier would definitely improve the situation. For right now, said policy that @NorthTx_Dev suggests should be to the discretion of each LEO department until a proper database is added in my opinion.

3 Likes

There is. You learnt it in POST.

2 Likes

You should read the whole thing, not just the title. He’s saying to revise the pursuit policy/add his ideas to it.

2 Likes

From what I’ve witnessed most civilian injuries in pursuits are due to the civilians being idiots: ignoring sirens and lights, not pulling to the right, when they blatantly see a police vehicle going C3 still entering an intersection. So fuck em’. It’s natural selection.

8 Likes

legit POST has a pursuit policy, that we’ve all learnt… If you don’t remember it, consider going to oversee some tiers done again.

2 Likes

Maybe, but what’s the difference between put them on BOLO and pursuit after you found them as BOLO, or pursuit them straight away after the offense?

2 Likes

When you put a BOLO, you can let them go. They will think they got away and when they are at a light or parked, they can be boxed in. Or in this case, disable their vehicle in any way.

3 Likes

As Danny said, most cases I’ve seen in my lengthy history of being a LEO in FS is that people don’t listen. They will jaywalk, run out into traffic, ignore our sirens/lights, and just be plain idiots.

Plus we have to deal with attention seekers sadly, or else they’ll just ruin game play, we can’t always ignore them forever; we have to eventually chase them and we can’t drop a chase for something they’ll come back and do again.

We are dealing with a video game where people don’t care about what they do or the consequences. In real life 90% of people police pull over in a car aren’t going to run or resist you. In Firestone that is the opposite, 90% of the people will run and resist you. If we don’t chase people they will repeat their actions, thinking it is ok, and keep running. BOLOs are also ineffective too as they are lost in radio traffic overtime.

2 Likes

What is being proposed is a little gui to enter in BOLOs. But why waste your time chasing them if they will do it again anyway. You gotta ask yourself, is it worth my time for an attention seeker?

2 Likes

Look, to really end this, as the answer to this entire fuckin’ thing.

POST has a pursuit policy, we’ve all learnt it. There will be no change to it, unless POST decides to, or your department decides to change it. End of.

2 Likes

So you think they will park or, especially, stop at the lights, and you will have time, units and him not seeing you to block him?

2 Likes

the tire popping mechanic is broken anyways in firestone,
aka ram a car tire at full speed and clearly hit it
roblox decides to lag out
suspect lags out into docklands
rinse wash repeat

2 Likes

NYPD uses a system where, if the offense is small enough, and they can confirm the vehicle isn’t stolen and that the actual owner is the person driving, they back off from the pursuit and catch the suspect later. Primarily because you obviously don’t want a high speed police pursuit in a high density populated urban area.

In Firestone terms, though, this probably would result in them being repeatedly lost by LEOs because literally everybody that gets pursued doesn’t want to roleplay.

3 Likes

Okay let me see if I understood it correctly. If they commit a misdemeanor you don’t pursue them, but if they commit a felony you do?
Then the issue, at that very moment you evade it’s a felony and a “big offense”. Adding onto that of course everyone will evade when you’re going to cite them. If you can get away without consequences why would they wait for you to cite them. The idea itself is great, but this is Firestone and without a “BOLO Database” this is impossible.

2 Likes

tbh this policy will not work in V2 due to ppl forgetting BOLOs and ppl leaving and joining servers. It may work in V3, but definitely not V2

2 Likes