Firestone needs more part time jobs

And I think a lot of people would agree with me on this. Here’s why:
There are an outstanding amount of people in Firestone who want to be cops, or paramedics, or even sanitation workers, but can’t- because they can’t get online for the demanding amount of patrol/shift time that is required from Firestone’s departments.

There is a solution to this. Create part time jobs. Currently the only option for joining SCSO, SCFD, or FSP is a full-time job, in which you have to work YOUR schedule around the department’s in order to avoid exile and stay employed. Although for the sake of the department it is important it stay that way, I think departments should also consider hiring part time workers, in which the employees go through the same amount of training, except their patrol hour standards are lowered, and every two months or so they are required to come back in for training if they do not maintain a certain level of activity (so they do not forget or lose crucial experience). This way, the people who are busy in school, or work, or sports, but still want to work in Firestone are able to.

I suggest this to all the department heads out there, especially ones like Public Works, in which the only people joining are those who do not want to put an insane amount of time into Firestone, but also the emergency services, including SCFD. Maybe even include a volunteer Fire and Police Department, in which those who have gone through training, and later retired due to being too busy, are still able to serve when they can, or when they’re needed by their department.

4 Likes

For a person who has been here from the beginning, you should know that this has already been suggested five million times to date.

1 Like

There has to be an incentive to prefer full time employement over part time, or else everyone would pick part time and have the benefit of less patrol logs/standards.

1 Like

We could also have basic generic partial roleplay-partial actual game activity based civilian jobs that people can do for extra money, especially if you can’t get another group due to space.
Then again, devs gotta do mad work.

1 Like

aren’t secondary jobs are like part time

1 Like

no you still have almost identical patrol/shift standards

1 Like

continuing afreis’s point, what you said basically means that the government jobs have high standards for their shifts, therefore resulting in an inability to do your job properly. i can see this however every job has shift standards, and youre required to go to work and do your shift at the time your employer tells you. so it wouldnt be any different time wise, but the careers have been debated for a long time now and commerce would finally have use if it was implemented. so, i say no for the time and yes for the careers themselves

1 Like

Maybe jobs that aren’t departments? Like cashier or something. everything is just law enforcement, fire/medical, or public service

2 Likes
1 Like