Firestone Law Enforcement Problems

Greeting my fellow citizens. I come to you with a problem most legal citizens and some criminals have come encounter a lot in V2 with some Officer(s). As a person who’s rarely listened too, and I rarely speak out at all. I hope someone will read this and realize that it is an actual problem. Not all Officers do these actions, but quiet a few do.

Now let’s move on,
The current problem I see with some Officer(s) is that when a 911 call comes in or a report of a crime is brought to them, they listen to what the person says, and then they ask for “Proof” of an action or any “video” or “picture” evidence, and if they don’t have any, the Officer(s) don’t do anything about it.

Physical evidence does help yes, but if a person who’s in genuine distraught or literally saw it and came to you or a group of Officer(s) to report it, most of the time it is true. Yes there are false things that happen to try to deter police away, I understand. But without the “Proof” of the action, the Officer(s) do not take any action, or they don’t even search for a person matching any description or car description that they were given.

I’ve reported a lot of crimes on the civilian team which I rarely go on, and I like to relax. Yet, I’m approached by an Officer(s) who asks who called 911. I talk to the Officer(s), give them an accurate description, clothing, car, etc. Yet sometimes my computer doesn’t perform very well so I can’t run many things like most people can to capture or clip actions. So I’m left with telling the Officer(s) that I have no proof when they ask for it, and countless times, I’ve watched as they said “We can’t do anything without proof.” Or even just walk away, clear the call, drive off, and don’t even search for the person I reported.

In 2016, and as a member of the earlier classes, I graduated in Class 11, and most of the Officer(s) I work with still are from the older classes. They might stand with me on this that they’ve seen it happen quiet a few times actually. I’ve asked criminals and other civilians when they’ve reported crimes, they’re left standing there with nothing being taken to action.

There’s certain situations where video evidence or screenshots may bring on more charges to an individual that are really helpful. But that’s not what I’m speaking about today. It’s the investigative part of the policing most of the newer Officer(s) do not understand. Not all, a handful, this is not an attack on anyone within the law enforcement side of Firestone. I simply wish to see more actions taken within the start of scenes or calls.

We were taught to investigate reports in my class. So we’d get on scene, gather statements like most officers do in real life and in our county, and we go and search, we ask for proof sometimes, but most of the time when it’s not given most Officer(s) give up.

If a group of Officer(s) saw someone commit a crime, or a singular Officer witnessed someone commit a crime, they may arrest them for it depending on what it was or even cite, there are multiple situations. That’s where criminals become upset and whine about Officer(s) using the power of the law against them. As a sworn in officer under the director of P.O.S.T. and the Governor who stood by you. If you see someone committing a crime, you may take action or investigate further, as in stopping them on a traffic or pedestrian stop, question them not to incriminate them, but to see what they’re up too. So if a criminal who committed a crime right in front of you, or down the road, or in front of a group of Officers, you do not need proof. Yes it’ll help if there’s a group of individuals at the scene who may be involved or may just be innocent bystanders. It does help, but that’s where investigating comes in. I cannot stress it enough, but the policing side has changed a lot in this state and I wish more people would realize the smaller things such as this.

Have a good day, if you even made it this far.

episode 6? cough

10 Likes

yes!!

whenever ANYONE calls 911, without recorded proof we’re just left there, no questioning, no description often time too!

4 Likes

Police do investigate, believe it or not. We do.

Just today, we had someone try to drive past a bank robbery at the same time as the was fleeing out the doors. The suspect was trying to act as a getaway driver based on reasonable suspicion. We stopped the suspect from entering his car and we detain the suspect and the driver. We split them up, Mirandize them, and try to get their stories to conflict/reach for a confession. No go.

Now despite witnesses pointing the driver out as assisting, we don’t have cameras in game, or physical evidence like fingerprints. We lacked physical evidence which Firestone law requires us to have, and witnesses aren’t recognized as evidence. So we had to let the driver go.

In cases like conspiracy we can’t prove crimes with he said/she said. We just have to have physical evidence. Same with assault, even if your player is damaged, you said “assault,” we couldn’t even search them for a knife unless we know they are armed.

There aren’t bruises, blood, wounds, etc in FS, we have to have recordings and stuff. Most just end with he said/she said.

One MAIN issue with Firestone is that we don’t have a government/development difference between Searching and Frisking. Searching is done with probable cause and and officer searches everything on you vs a frisk where the officer does a pat-down for weapons based on reasonable suspicion you are armed.

If I had 3 people tell me someone shot them (they ID him correctly), that would be reasonable suspicion on that suspect. I could ID the suspect, confirm he has no Firearms license, FRISK him, feel a weapon, SEARCH, and arrest. But Firestone lacks Frisk… so it’s relying on photos/videos.

8 Likes

Ok so 2 things:

1. Probable cause. Probable cause is needed to arrest or search anyone, which you don’t just get from someone telling you they saw a crime. That would only give you reasonable suspicion, which could then allow you to investigate and try to obtain probable cause. However, this is where the second point comes in.
  2. Other situations going on. There’s rarely ever just one single situation ongoing, which would allow you time to investigate. While you are responding to the call and you arrive on scene to ask some questions and gather information, probably two other calls came in or two other situations took place. Usually, these take priority and investigations simply take too long to actually do. If you have to deal with an active shooter every 10 minutes or so, you don’t have 20 minutes to calmly complete an investigation and obtain probable cause so you can arrest someone for one small thing,

Basically, both the law and other civs/crims prevent us from being able to look into smaller things such as reports of battery when we only have RS and there’s no photographic or video evidence. Back in ‘your days’ you could do these types of investigations because there was generally less going on in a server. This is unfortunately not the case anymore nowadays.

6 Likes

I completely agree with your statement, I know most of us investigate, it’s the handful that are not like that. I agree with you on the bruises and wounds part as well and the group of citizens part.

I see it as a government problem as well, it’s changed so much because of certain individuals.

2 Likes

i imagine that most uniformed scso/fsp officers don’t do a whole lot of investigation these days. the quality of LEOs has been steadily dropping, and i’m not blaming that on POST. you see it in the firefighting community too. there are less competent people interested

6 Likes

I agree, I’ve seen it mostly happen from the newer POST classes.

3 Likes

I’m with you on where you stand, and I understand the meaning of both points you have stated, It’s the fact that there’s little investigating from the handful of Officer(s) who don’t actually do it, as Flame said.

Like I reported a hit and run that I saw when I was pulling into a coffee shop at, called 911, the officer arrived, I gave him all the details, yet I didn’t catch the evidence in time. Yet he said “Ok, I can’t doing anything without proof” and drove away, I assumed he didn’t even look for anything either.

3 Likes

gonna just say this now. ever since i became POST Director I have been working on reforming POST. but with me just having surgery not to long ago I had to take a break. my deputy director has been also helping me with things as well. myself also has been working on the curriculum and just trying to throw things in there to try and help future LEO’s. so dont fucking walk up to me or dm me and say some stupid as shit about POST. im working on things myself. but lets be honest, there’s always going to be problems. but, i’m working myself and others are trying to fix things.

5 Likes

also, i literally cannot like snap my fingers like that to just fix POST things that fast. its hard to work on a lot of stuff that needs fixing. but for sure, me and others are trying our best to work on things. AKA me and my administration.

5 Likes

i don’t trust 50% of the cops to do this properly

6 Likes

its hard to trust any officer that has “lawful” power.

3 Likes

This is so true and there should be a solution to this. Once this officer was like a few steps away from me and this guy comes up to me and hits me with a crowbar and runs away and when I go to the officer, he asks me for proof as if he wasn’t standing right there. It gets annoying at times when you waste 5-7 minutes just to upload a 40 second clip of someone attacking you with a crowbar.

2 Likes

Hi annoying

Anyway, we ask for proof to make sure we don’t loose our jobs. If you arrest someone falsely and they’re recording, your career is most likely done.

3 Likes

This is a pretty stupid thread. There’s nothing to investigate with your hit and run. He can’t look around and look at some traffic cameras and rewind and watch the scene and be like ‘oh i got their plate now.’ If you don’t have evidence, there’s nothing they can do. Roleplaying an investigation when there’s 0 chance of any evidence coming up is just silly.

3 Likes

The laws in this state are so jacked up that it makes investigating a situation a nightmare.

3 Likes

Actually if you get found guilty of false arrest once, you’ll most likely just receive a suspension. If you do it more often, you’re gonna have to start worrying though.

2 Likes

I think it’d be cool if Firestone LEOs focused more on interrogation. It’d give cops and criminals a different style of RP, and it’d give attorneys a more in-game presence. Plus it would lead to establishing probable cause for most of those 911 calls that don’t have any evidence.

5 Likes

So that’s why you use the tools provided to you, a bolo system so anyone with the information can search for them. An ERU to see who’s active and maybe ask to search for them? A vehicle to search for them too?

2 Likes

u just solved life

2 Likes