Firestone Banking Corporation Developments

Hello everyone. I am back (and better than ever) and wanted to introduce my latest project/idea.

I am quite happy to introduce the…

FSBC - FIRESTONE BANKING CORPORATION

I know banks have been tried in the past (and failed!) more than once, so let it be known what makes FSBC different from our competition.

1. Personal loans of up to 25k in-game Firestonian currency, useful for:
  • Buying a car or putting towards a car payment.
  • Buying a boat or putting towards a boat payment.
  • (Possibly) using for houses/apartments, not sure if that will be a gamepass item.
  • Other legal reasons.
  1. Business loans of up to 25k in-game Firestonian currency (limit subject to change), useful for:
  • Employee salaries/bonuses.
  • Business expenses like legal counsel.
  • Vehicle or boat purchases.
  • Other legal reasons.
  1. Business donations of up to 500 Robux, useful for:
  • Creating a Roblox group.
  • Distributing funds for employees to buy uniforms.
  • Advertising.

As the out-of-game Business Loans are donations, those won’t be required to be paid back. I am offering those only to bring about more private business to the State.

Personal and in-game Business Loans will accrue interest. Still working specifics out.

Full lending guidelines: click me owo

Probably will not begin taking loan applications for three weeks in order to locate staff.

Roblox group: click me >u<
Discord server: click me ^-^

I am currently seeking boardmembers. If you feel important within the State of Firestone, please reach out to me and submit a resume or cover letter. Boardmembers will help oversee the Bank administration and vote on Business Loan applications. Additionally, there are two board spots reserved for a member of the County government and a member of the State government.

There are ‘bonds’ available for purchase. Don’t buy those right now as I’m not sure I will keep them.

Lastly, at the moment, I am not planning any in-game branches as we aren’t really a typical bank, more of a broader financial service.

Thoughts?
  • this is cool
  • this is dumb
  • i don’t care

0 voters

5 Likes

im voting this is dumb- not because I think its not cool but
you’re bound to get tons of money stolen from you and wasted and there’s nothing you can do about it

14 Likes

I’ve seen many loan type businesses crumble as there is no feasible way to obtain your assets back. Even with a contract, the recipient party still may not honor the contract and there is no court order that can forcibly transfer assets from one account to another. If the courts could do this then I personally would create a loan business right now, but this isn’t the case.

Clonemep
Chief Inspector
Department of Commerce

7 Likes

no one really wants or needs loans

7 Likes

you guys are so mean,

Can i get a 5k loan for a bathroom renovation? (no sarcasms)

10 Likes

I could see it being useful if it could be enforceable. Many businesses could use it buy boats and cars. However, since you can’t enforce the terms of the contract, owning a loan company is a very bad idea.

6 Likes

yeah actually it could be cool

and you could enforce it in court

except apparently it’s “aGaInSt ToS” for the courts to do anything about it lol

7 Likes

Ohh, I thought you guys literally just couldn’t transfer assets between people. I don’t think it would be against Roblox TOS. If anything that would mean citations are against Roblox TOS. If you break a contract that isn’t gambling, that is you stealing and breaking your word.

5 Likes

Yeah… don’t need to tell me, if only the Founders had your common sense.

6 Likes

court-issued fines or currency adjustment aren’t/wouldn’t be against the TOU

the tou specifically has a clause that says ‘if you buy something devs can take it away lol’

6 Likes

I’m serious btw I’m willing to rp

5 Likes

ah yes, finally someone who uses TOU instead of TOS

anyways it’s probably against the Founders’ self-made terms of service

7 Likes

I’ve decided to put a hold on in-game lending for the time being and will put my focus towards the Robux donation side for businesses/agencies.

5 Likes

Obviously not ideal, it’s becoming obvious in-game trading needs more R&D before moving forward. It’d be hard to progress when there’s not even a simple, accessible paper-trail for in-game donations (to the best of my knowledge).

There are games that have loaning systems in place for banks (don’t expect that anytime soon) but at the moment it isn’t quite possible to achieve what I had originally hoped for within FS. Besides, the concept of losing purchased currency isn’t too lucrative either. Profit wasn’t even my intention for this but I think the in-game economy is embarrassingly undeveloped to substantiate this.

I’ll continue working on the group outside of the game itself and hope to support businesses/people that way instead.

5 Likes

You won’t see those robux back once you give them out.

5 Likes

bruh what

4 Likes

is it me or is cranky and zpilot liking all our comments?

like if gay

4 Likes

It’s not just you :joy:

2 Likes

like if not gay @zpilotplane @crankyluke

5 Likes

they wanna have the most likes given for 2021

3 Likes