Fire/EMS Discussion

How can we improve our fire and medical (EMS) services in Firestone? Whether that be in terms of development, legal, or some other significant change that can be made.

2 Likes

Of course protection.

It really sucks when we are constantly killed on scenes.

But, we know you are trying to keep us more protected which is appreciated always.

6 Likes

Convince fed to allow SCFD to have secondary FFs and medics

9 Likes

Two ambulances isn’t sufficient for the amount of medical calls we receive. We need at least three ambulances.

9 Likes

Ambushing roleplay should be considered FRP, I can say it does suck when EMS/FD is trying their hardest to roleplay an amazing scene but then some criminal ambushes them from behind or something which ruins the roleplay. :man_shrugging: I understand LEO’s protecting them but still this needs to be a rule to stop people from doing it. (Idk if this is already on the FRP guide but meh)

8 Likes

Open a DoH EMS Service in V3

2 Likes

get rangers to help

2 Likes

Governor,

Just like fires, make LEOs respond to medical calls. This is important due to how often the Fire Department and EMS get killed. This can sufficiently lower the deaths of them, and I think that the P.O.S.T. Director, and/or Department Heads make an announcement about this issue to their staff. Or, maybe even make a worse crime for killing SCFD and EMS alone.

Also, the Developers need to make an anchoring system, just like the Prison Bus, so the Ambulance won’t fling as often as it does. I think the Emergency Medical Service would highly benefit if these issues were fixed.

Regards,

Stamose
County Councilman
County Public Affairs Officer
Stapleton County, Firestone

2 Likes

Maybe you could only have one respond, and if EMS needed another ambulance, they ask. This can also benefit if there’s multiple calls. For example, it is highly unlikely that there will be nine ambulances spawned at one time, to respond to three calls. I advise that you guys keep doing what you’re doing now. And if you need it, page for more.

2 Likes

When I’m online this isn’t always anyone to respond to calls. I would say have at least 1 person on duty for every hour of the day. Like make sure you have people to cover certain times.

2 Likes

For me (im in scfd) it would be nice to not getting killed every single call. Another thing is getting paged to people on lamp posts, so many of us hate those calls because when we roll t23 down to CD, people jump all over T23 and the LEOs do literally nothing about it.

2 Likes

There has previously been discussion about this. The general consensus was that if DoH was to get any vehicles, they would by fly cars rather than full ambulances. This would be just to assist SCFD in patient care.

3 Likes

Or a MCI bus?

2 Likes

That’s not true, I myself have arrested at least 20 individuals now that have climbed on T23 when it has been parked outside the Car Dealership. It’s annoying, I know, but LEOs are only human and can’t deal with everything at once (although, if they’re just stood there, put them in their place and get their ass moving).

2 Likes

Wish you were always on my scene. The LEO at the last t23 rescue was talking to the civs and not caring if people went up.

2 Likes

An mci bus wouldn’t help as their only used for mcis, we get multiple different medical calls instead of one big one

2 Likes

For SCFD, this is very difficult. Unlike LEOs with multiple different departments, SCFD is the only department that offers fire and medical services. This in combination with only 49 members able to shift, makes it almost impossible to have constant, consistent coverage. While this is a boost from the previous 35 (ish), it still is a pretty low number compared to LEO departments.

2 Likes

Most of us get bored because of repetitive calls so we don’t want to shift, plus it doesn’t help that when we’re trying to help we just get killed.

2 Likes

I was going to write a lengthy paragraph about why this wasn’t possible, but I decided to trash it and rewrite it.

Basically, no. It’s not going to work. All it’s going to do is draw attention from the SCFD to the LEO(s) on scene, because the LEOs have guns, and because the criminals always have the advantage of the element of surprise. When an ambush begins, the LEO has very little, if any, time to react, and by the time they realize that they have to get in cover and draw a weapon and hit their emergency activation button, they’re already dead, and the criminals are moving onto the Fire Department personnel, who either have to hightail it out of there, or they’ll get shot as well.

ACCC certification for the SCFD, which certifies personnel in combat medicine and allows them to carry on duty, certainly is useful- I’ve used it on several occasions as a paramedic of the SCFD, and I even used to roll around with an AK47 as a Chief Paramedic. Considering all the involved tactics, though, ACCC personnel would ultimately contribute to the chaos of the scene, with an LEO not knowing who’s friendly and who’s hostile, or not knowing where the shots are even coming from.

Good idea- certainly very good, and one that’s been done before to a certain successful extent, but the only way it would be viable for its intended purpose would be if the LEOs arriving on scene were SWAT or CRT.

2 Likes

Hey Jeff,

I like your idea, but I think it would be good for the LEOs to go any way. If they didn’t go at all, the criminals would just kill the SCFD. If the LEOs were there, it would give SCFD more time to evacuate before they get killed too.

2 Likes