Ffa and the senate

Again, it’s not a broken system? There’s no concerns about FFA, there’s nothing worrying about FFA. It’s a working system. Let’s say for instance, we have it under the county. Would that increase FFA’s performance? Would that better it’s structure or create a more stable academy? It would be no different. Therefore, there is no need to fix it. Mainly because there’s nothing to fix.

4 Likes

just :clap: leave :clap: it :clap: as :clap: a :clap: stae :clap: academy :clap:

4 Likes

If its not legally established then it needs to either a) obtain commerce approval to operate or b) cease operations…

unfortunately the law is pretty clear on this one…

in any event… I do encourage the Senate to move forward with some sort of deal so that the academy is reopened… maybe open the academy under the state but give the county some sort of say in it?

idk just an idea…

@Samtella @Joshernaut @tow23er

4 Likes

That’s not true.

6 Likes

say it with me everyone:

ffa is an executive department!

9 Likes

im literally frying my brain because people who know nothing about how ffa operates and has been operating is trying to change the way ffa operates

5 Likes

we don’t need commerce approval lol

5 Likes

come back after taking a peek at 2 F.S.C. 78

6 Likes

You’re just legislating for the sake of legislating. There isn’t a reason they need to be subcabinet or for a board, you’re just refusing to admit that you’re wrong and changing your views on the original FFA bill.

7 Likes

i mean commerce has no issue doing that if that’s what it comes down to

5 Likes

This forum post is just bashing sam at this point. If you’re against his idea respectfully direct message him and ask for more information about what he wants to change.

note: I do not have an opinion or side on this argument im neutral, however we just need an establishment

6 Likes

Nah man. Simply ain’t wrong you guys simply refuse to hear the full idea out. Once people actually took the time to DM me and seek the full potential of the idea out they simply understood and support the idea.

4 Likes

So the entire fire & EMS community and 70% of the population is wrong?

6 Likes

No one said you are wrong again but I just simply dont agree lol. having my own opinion doesn’t mean you are wrong

5 Likes

How about you put your opinions aside then and listen to the people you represent?

5 Likes

Because I myself also am entitled to my own opinion and represent also a group of people who have the same interest as me. Furthermore, no damage would be done either way. You are simply making a big fuss out of being a cabinet member.

3 Likes

do you realize if that passes the voice and representation for Fire & EMS is lowered. please understand seeing as fire/EMT roleplay is apart of this state, they’d like to keep their voice in the cabinet and not be downgraded.

cabinet has more of a voice then sub-cabinet.

5 Likes

EMS voice still exists simply by the Department of Health. Furthermore, you would still have a voice no matter your position as a Cabinet or a Subcabinet. If you can literally provide instances of the governor simply refusing to DM someone then sure I’d understand. But literally, our governor responds to all DMs even from Middle-Class Citizens.

3 Likes

Cabinet gives more direct access and is not reliant on any specific governor being responsive. Please provide any valid reason why FFA and POST should be removed from the cabinet other than “it’s my opinion.” There are no issues how it is currently set up.

5 Likes

Again you guys simply dismissed what I’ve said previously,

I would like to first state I have retracted the whole POST being a Cabinet as I have stated I did an error on doing so and have discussed it with a few people about how POST isn’t just an academy and is actually a Commission although Firestone didn’t establish it as such.

Furthermore, because you are simply just an academy. An academy is basically a school. The current arguments brought up were “It is a state academy”, state academies are usually under a fire commission or something similar to it. Another one would be “we certify state departments not just SCFD and such” and I simply responded by saying that is not how it works. With that logic, a high school district is under the executive branch due to it simply issuing certification to students on a state level.

I understand people don’t like change but it is what it is. You guys stated we are stalling and not putting anything on paper. I took the time to do so and got bashed for it easily. And that wasn’t even my board idea yet

5 Likes