FDOT Crash Attenuator Truck

Good Evening, everyone!

I recently completed a fun development “project” in my free time and thought it would be a great addition to Firestone… A Crash Attenuator Truck! Now, you’re probably wondering what the hell a Crash Attenuator is… Basically, it’s a big dump truck with a cushion on the back for cars to crash into while DOT crews are working on the highways so they don’t get rammed. I know V2 players LOVE their ramming, so why not throw this idea on the forum.!

I think that in the third picture, you can see that the back of the truck could be used to carry various road signs as well!

13 Likes

i support, but the attenuator must be pretty

4 Likes

it shall dominate the streets

3 Likes

oh thats what those are for???
ive seen them irl and just assumed it was bc they needed lots of cones

6 Likes

i thought that too but after a full 7 hours of searching “DOT trailer bump, DOT trailer, DOT truck roster, what’s that thing on the back of DOT trucks” and hundreds of other wierd names, I finally got to it

2 Likes

Support. Considering FS is trying to be realistic, this would be a great addition!

5 Likes

oooo, i like it

3 Likes

Support! I think that this would be a great addition to ensure the safety of public employees while working on the road infrastructure.

4 Likes

Ok so two things:

1. Full Support, great idea.
  2. You did that in your free time Thats amazing! Good job!
4 Likes

Thank you! I grabbed a few free modeled trucks and hand built the cushion, still having some trouble with the truck moving on impact, but I think it would definitely enhance roleplay.

3 Likes

support!

3 Likes

amazing :flushed:

3 Likes

support

2 Likes

SUPPORT

4 Likes

Support dis b amazing

3 Likes

Supported!

3 Likes

Support!

2 Likes

Support would be great for the times where DoT do their big RPs.

2 Likes

Great idea! I would like something like the third picture instead of a dump truck though. Support.

2 Likes

Well we kinda already got arrow trucks

1 Like