Job Title: Public Information Officer
Division: Public Relations
Department: Firestone Department of Health - Human Resources
About Us: The Firestone Department of Health is responsible for the health and well-being of all citizens and tourists of Firestone. Public relations is responsible for building and maintaining positive relationships with the community. Job Description: The successful candidate will be responsible for developing communication strategies to circulate information to the public, serving as a spokesperson for the department, and managing the department’s general relations.
Departmental Hiring Requirements:
- No felony arrests/convictions on active record
- No more than two (2) misdemeanour arrests/convictions on active record
- No more than five (5) traffic infractions on active record
- No arrests/convictions on active record for a crime against another person as defined by chapter 2 of the Firestone - Criminal Code
- Must not hold a Public Safety Blacklist
- Must not be blacklisted from the Firestone Department of Health
- Must have a decent employment record
- Applicant should possess teamwork skills.
- Applicant should be proficient in English.
- Applicant should be capable of creating documents and releases.
- Public Relations experience will be considered a significant asset.
- Serve as a spokesperson for the department; this may include responding to inquiries or requests.
- Write and edit press releases, advisories, and other materials related to department.
- Respond to public health emergencies and crises by providing pertinent information.
- Develop and maintain positive relationships with the public, and act as a liaison between the department and the public.
- Collaborate with other department relation teams.
FDOH is a secondary department,
Applications will close 11/11/23
Refer any questions to jacob.8959