Election Mistakes

Hello,

I’ve realized over the last few months that the majority of elections are solely based off the number of signatures a candidate has. Many people do not examine the policies of a candidate and instead ‘follow the crowd’. I just wanted some other opinions.

2 Likes

Also if you see this make sure to check out both myself and Brent in the House Special Elections!

2 Likes

actually, it comes down to voting so i mean. you can’t really force people to read a speech, if they like the candidate without reading the speech, they’ll just support

3 Likes

All elections in Firestone are popularity contests, nothing you can do about that.

If you have miles more experience than another candidate but you aren’t popular, you aren’t winning lmao. That’s why 90% of our government is shit.

4 Likes

It is also how it works irl ^

2 Likes

yes for me, i just vote for people whose usernames are cool or people i know :heart_eyes_cat:

3 Likes

I mean, thats really how it is irl

2 Likes

I say support to everyone who dms me their speech just to be nice

3 Likes

it is what is

2 Likes

theres really no way u can change it, it is expected that the citizens vote for whom they trust, but that turns into a popularity contest very quickly.

the way the greeks tried to solve it back in their time was by limiting the number of voters to those with assets but that’s just uncool and restricts many others from the right of voting so unless you want to go back to voting only if you have property you’re left with this system

2 Likes

much like potatoes said, elections are just based off popularity, now i get that. but most people base it solely on popularly, not ability.
i wouldn’t vote for someone that has been in firestone for 3 weeks and doesn’t know anyone, either.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

1 Like