DPW Developer Suggestion (V2)

, ,

After working in DPW for a few days, there are a few small things that would be able to GREATLY improve our role-play!

• Sponge: Add a sponge for employees to use when cleaning windows, vehicles, etc… We do a lot of cleaning in our job and the broom doesn’t always suffice.
  • Hose: Add a hose for us to spray down roads, clean vehicles, clean windows, etc… Again, we do a lot of cleaning in our job and this would improve our role-play.
  • Bucket: Add a bucket for us to carry things in such as sudsy water, maintenance supplies, etc… This will make it more realistic when gathering items to complete cleaning/maintenance.
  • Add More Flares: Currently, we have 10 cones and 3 flares. Considering the gap between those two, adding two more flares (brining us to a total of 5) will allow us to improve visibility when directing traffic/doing maintenance. [All department should get 5 flares to make it fair for everyone.]

I don’t think that this seems like a big thing to ask, just a few minutes of modeling and scripting. In the end, it will improve DPWs role-play.

@anon54114525 @pathwaysbball (tagging you as this is a scripting + modeling thing)

6 Likes

supporto

1 Like

DPW:Car Wash Division

3 Likes

Support

1 Like

Support do I get cookie now?

1 Like

not this. everyone gets 3 flares, and it would be unfair. otherwise support

2 Likes

support, although all departments should get 5 flares

1 Like

dawg… y’all need to stop making suggestions…

V3 is already behind schedule, and V2 is going to be closing in a few months… they can’t just be adding more and more content to V2 when everyone is waiting for V3 to be scripted

5 Likes

All of these can be easily implemented. Three of them use something called your imagination, SCFD does a good job of this.

Sponge: uses sponge to clean vehicle
Hose: grabs hose from truck and sprays
Bucket: grabs bucket full of supplies

Flares? Ask LEOs or DOT.

If you didn’t get the memo, it’s called roleplaying it. 90% of SCFD’s operations is roleplay (you know, the little -injects morphine- thing), and it’s immaculate how they really never beg for physical items on forums that often. If they can save virtual lives without physical items, you can fix virtual roads and clean virtual windows without physical items. I promise.

4 Likes

oh please

1 Like

monthly DPW car wash

4 Likes

Ok no,
Dumpsters and cones were more than enough for v2 considering that v2 wasn’t supposed to be updated anymore.
A sponge/bucket, seriously? Just continue doing what we always do at car washes. -grabs sponge- ; -dips sponge in bucket with soapy water- ; -scrubs vehicle in circular motions with sponge-
Same thing with the hose, just rp it like we’ve always done.
More flares? We have 10 cones, frankly that should be enough with 3 flares. If you’re blocking off a parking lot, use your vehicle for one entrance, and flares/cones for the other.
I think we’ve gotten plenty of dev support recently, so let’s leave it at that.
Cool, thanks.
Computer
Supervisor
Department of Public Works

3 Likes

i disagree with the flares, flares are BIGLY overused in FS, ppl should only get like 1 or 2 flares
a flare is to get someones attention, not to act as a cone

1 Like

I am not against you in any way at all, however if they were to add a hose, where would we get our supply? Its not like our Sweeper or Trash Truck carries 250+ gallons of water, so we would have to use a supply from the side of a building or hydrant, which is not always around. So then where would be the main source of our water?

1 Like

a sink…

1 Like

ask joe if you can use his garden hose for 5 minutes

Jokes aside, some street sweepers have water jets under their truck that shoot. Just pretend that you’re tapping into that water supply. When I was in DOT, we used sweepers to pour and roll concrete and it was very fun. Realistic? Eh, not so much, but who cares. Fake concrete using real sweepers just to have a semi-realistic experience.

Make do with what you have.

1 Like

SCFD needs developer attention over non-emergency departments.

But they’re on v3 anyways so I’d rather have them there than v2 for obvious reasons. If anyone is going to make the argument that “adding tools is easy and simple and won’t delay v3” then why has SCFD waited 3 years for more tools.

3 Likes

just rp it

1 Like

can i also add in that there are more game-breaking things needing 2be fixed rather then a sponge & bucket in the game, such a game moderation stuff

1 Like

as a director in dpw i personally believe the devs have helped us out enough with the recent update, therefore i dont really support this.

with v3 being behind schedule it doesnt hurt to type -washes window- for the last few months v2 is out, just rp car washes

1 Like