Dpsgate 2 — 2 fast 2 furious

The videos don’t lie Ma’am unless you suggest you altered your own clips - or that others doctored there’s.

3 Likes

Like who? Because this was in Governor letterhead with his signature and at his order, to the point he personally did the investigation.

3 Likes

So you are saying that it is now a PSBable offence to baton someone out of a vehicle and detain them when they are failing to pull over? Ok lol.

2 Likes

It’s a senior government official that was accused in this matter. We wanted to get it right - based on the merits - wherever they took us.

We have some Junior - in experience- investigators. They can handle small cases but - no offense to them - I don’t want to toss them on something that is high profile (that’s not fair to me or them).

They need mentoring and preparation before that - and a lot of it.

2 Likes

I mean it is if you do all of this

3 Likes

i am personally offended by this statement. (kidding ofc)

3 Likes

Not you but the others.

I don’t want to put them in a situation they arn’t ready for.

3 Likes

Who was on patrol as a Deputy in the County Sheriff’s Office - not acting in any official capacity as said “senior government official”.

You yourself could have handled this investigation, given as you said it was a “senior government official” and “wanted to get it right” and handed your conclusions to the Secretary. Instead you had the Governor’s Office investigate it and again as you said had third parties review this. That screams incompetence and ineptitude - which is rather hypocritical!

4 Likes

Actually no it’s not.

Independent third parties to make sure that we did not miss anything.

It’s like getting your paper proofed before you turn it in to the teacher.

3 Likes

So it’s PSBable to

• Be acquitted
  • Make a joke about flipping a coin
  • Telling someone I’m not actually arresting them and to watch themselves
  • Baton someone out of a vehicle when they are failing to pull over
  • Say that I will prevent an illegal protest in line with the law
  • Not admitting to mistakes that didn’t exist
4 Likes

Who are these ‘independent third parties’?

3 Likes

So you admit that the policies and procedures in place in the Department of Public Safety are insufficient to provide checks and balances on investigations conducted by your investigators. Furthermore that the Command structure in DPS is not competent enough to manage it’s departments and its duties to investigate?

5 Likes

you literally oversimplified the entire thing, made it nothing like the actual reason, and think you made a good point.

4 Likes

I don’t see how it’s an oversimplification when it is literally the other side of the ‘facts’ superchris bought up.

3 Likes

Let’s focus on the facts not your interpretation of them.

3 Likes

i think you should be in trouble for deciding someones career on a coin flip

6 Likes

gotta agree

4 Likes

2 Likes

Cops Use Coin Flip to Decide Whether to Arrest or Release Woman - YouTube Reminds me of this

6 Likes

Instead of using a coin, I believe all LEO should be required to use Talking Ben to decide an arrest!

22 Likes