DOT and DPW “Companies”

For awhile now DPW has called their units ‘companies’. DOT has now changed their unit 1 and unit 2 to company 1 and company 2. In my opinion, this is completely unrealistic. Fire departments can be called companies. Not a government services. Nobody really had an issue with units being called units. Now if you aren’t in DPW or DOT, then I guess this doesn’t apply to you, but I want to hear your opinions on the matter:

Do you approve of the new ‘companies’?

• Yes, I like units being called companies.
  • No, I want units to be called units.

0 voters

FDOT Safety Manager
Connor_RB

2 Likes

We can say all we want about this, but in the end; it is up to the DOT and DPW Secretaries.

2 Likes

And slink has decided on Companies, so I don’t think thats changing.

2 Likes

Why does it matter?

4 Likes

It’s really unrealistic

2 Likes

I DONT CARE

4 Likes

I really don’t think this matters at all?

2 Likes

Very specific poll…

2 Likes

Alright, who cares?

Entirety of Firestone: Doesn’t raise hands

Alright now, who doesn’t give a fuck?

Entirety of Firestone: Goes fucking crazy

Welp you heard it

2 Likes

truth, no one cares

2 Likes

So, to put this to rest I’ll give this to you guys in simple terms. Not that it matters, but saying unit twice gets repetitive. We previously had Unit 1 and Unit 2. Within Unit 1 and Unit 2 we would have 3 sub-units. It was structured like this; Unit 1 > Unit 1, Unit 2, Unit 3 and Unit 2 > Unit 1, Unit 2, and Unit 3. This was highly repetitive and very confusing to most. We then changed the sub-units to Alpha, Bravo, Charlie, Delta, Foxtrot, and Echo. This cleared a lot of confusion however it still didn’t please me. I didn’t want to be saying “Unit” twice in a row. For this reason, we now have Company 1, and then Unit Alpha. We can decide as a department, with a vote. If anyone has suggestions I’m open to those. We’ll then have a vote on that. As of now, think of them as temporary names. For anyone wondering the current structure, it’s as follows; Company 1 > Unit Alpha, Unit Bravo, Unit Charlie and Company 2 > Unit Delta, Unit Foxtrot, and Unit Echo.

2 Likes

unit 1, supervisor (insert supervisor name here)

2 Likes

sounds like the milltary

2 Likes

No it doesn´t.

2 Likes

Let DOT and DPW do what they want/need to do to make their departments more organized and efficient.

They work along well just like this turtle and dog

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

2 Likes