Does the DOJ Need to Chill with Their Investigations?

So recently the Department of Justice has been starting and finishing some interesting investigations. They’re starting to take a format; start investigating something small, blow it out of proportion, and then yield little to no results. Take the investigation into FSP Superintendent WaterLostic. It all started with some simple inactivity stuff. Then, the DOJ made accusations of criminal wrongdoing. Then sorta shyed away from that and closed the investigation with no result. So I once again ask, does the DOJ need to calm it down?

• Yes
  • No

0 voters

4 Likes

I’d also like to add, they aren’t even using their own investigative agency to do it. They ignore the FBI and just do investigations with the HICOMM.

4 Likes

If you could provide me with the reason you made investigations plural, that would be great as I have only seen the FSP investigation come out of them as of late. In response to blowing stuff out of proportion, I think that them announcing that they have started an investigation is a good idea, as it informs the public as to what is going on in their state bureaucracy. In your conclusion, the DoJ did not explicitly state that anyone had committed a crime, otherwise what is the point of an investigation? The only reason this whole investigation started was because I submitted impeachment articles against at-the-time Colonel r0bb_y for inactivity, with the advice of Colonel iJake15, and r0bb_y being demoted to Lieutenant Colonel to avoid impeachment. Also, the DoJ contacted the FBI for support on this case, in co-operation with the new DoJ investigations division which assists the FBI in their duties and also investigates potential cases that we might need to sign State Prosecutors to.

4 Likes

Them announcing it is fine. But stating that they committed criminal offenses publicly without even finishing the investigation ruins reputations and causes uproar in the departments. Also, the fact they even thought the demotion was evidence tampering is idiotic. And we’ve heard nothing from the FBI the whole time. It’s been James, pretty much.

4 Likes

They stated that committed offenses before the investigation was even over?

4 Likes

James has been the one announcing stuff because he is currently the acting head of the DoJ, MrShibe is dealing with personal things at the moment that I won’t go into detail here out of respect for him. Also, can you tell me when you hear from the FBI often? I don’t see much coming out of them, but I know that they’re working every day. Also, where are you seeing that they stated there was criminal offenses during/before the investigation?

4 Likes

Before they concluded their full investigation and gathered everything together they released a document accusing the two of evidence tampering.

4 Likes

That is worthy enough of being terminated from ANY department.

4 Likes

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1EdNDuTi7AWeaYpzUSKn370jqMbz1B8V-/view

4 Likes

They did not accuse anyone of anything, in the original document announcing that they were investigating WaterLostic and r0bb_y, they said “This can be considered evidence tampering…”. They stated the reasons for the investigation, but did not accuse anyone of criminal misconduct, something that the conclusion of this short investigation shows as well.

4 Likes

This can be considered… How is that not accusing?

4 Likes

Outright accusing would be saying “WaterLostic and r0bb_y tampered with evidence pertaining to r0bb_y’s impeachment”. When they stated “This can be considered evidence tampering…”, they were stating the reason as to why they were investigating the matter, which was whether the demotion of r0bb_y could be considered as tampering with evidence or not, something they ultimately decided was not illegal.

4 Likes

Let’s go back a second too. An investigation was started, after the impeachment was filed, for something that really wasn’t PC for an investigation. I can look at the suituation, look st the law, and make a conclusion in a few minutes. And days of time we’re wasted to piss off a whole department and then just end with “oh never mind guys.”

4 Likes

There is a different reason why the Impeachment failed if you actually read the card

This bill automatically fails on the 10th of January, circa “A Joint Resolution to Clear the Table”
-OfficerVideoGame

4 Likes

Because they are citing he was demoted to avoid impeachment making the entire DOJ arguement null

5 Likes

Impeachment hasn’t failed yet, it’s just tabled.

4 Likes

No it is no longer an option

4 Likes

That pretty much makes it dead

4 Likes

Impeachment option got thrown out the Window hours after it got tabled because of that Joint Resolution.

4 Likes

No? Legislation fails after sitting on the table for a month. The impeachment articles have been there for 5 days.

4 Likes