Do We Really Need a Charge for Abusing 911

After a debate with kerbal, I asked myself, do we even need a charge for this? If I remember correctly the old law that has seemed to disappear required a fine for the first few offenses anyway. Also, it’s sorta hard to enforce anyway; you’ve got to find the person, prove the call was made (I.e someone didn’t dismiss it), and after it all they’re just gonna do it again. But, if the people want it, I’ll write it. Make your voice heard.
Original message about the matter

• Yes
  • No

0 voters

3 Likes

It’s wasting police resources.

5 Likes

They don’t need to respond though…? Most abuses, like 90%, are just spam, moronic crap, etc. They don’t result in a response anyway.

3 Likes

I am pretty positive that there is a bill for false reports, and I read something about the “Abusing 911”.

3 Likes

It seems to have disappeared. Myself and kerbal looked everywhere.

3 Likes

Ever since ROBLOX deleted the forums, everything is difficult to find. Blame ROBLOX.

4 Likes

I indeed agree that there should be a law for abusing 911.

As a previous CRT Agent in DHS, I can assure you that every threat made was given a thorough break-down. If someone called to bomb the capital, we responded. Most of the time nothing occured, but we still had to do something/respond.

Our resources can be used else-where instead of false and phony calls.

So the answer is yes

4 Likes

Yes, there is or was already a charge for this. If it isn’t on Disordio/Gibson’s doc then one of them must have missed it because I recall reviewing it a somewhat short period of time ago, this should be illegal; it may waste time but that’d be up to the officer’s discretion upon whether he/she’d like to enforce it or not. It should still be ILLEGAL and they should have the ABILITY to prosecute somebody who dares interrupt the system, technically this would fall into interfering with an officer (cough LEO’s if you want to charge someone for abusing 911 you could arrest them for interfering) but regardless, this should be a written law, as it is in real life.

4 Likes

throwback to when i arrested people in v1 for misuse of 911

3 Likes
3 Likes

This is what I like to see, legislators representing their constituents!

-Lieutenant Governor PwnzorSausage

5 Likes