DishwasherSushi for Senate | A Better Workplace

GREETINGS CITIZENS OF THE GREAT STATE OF FIRESTONE,
My name is DishwasherSushi, a relatively new citizen (only about 2 months) to the State of Firestone. Despite this, it is within my interests to campaign for a spot in the 2022-3 Senatorial Race. I write this asking for your support in my campaign for Senator.

I currently am employed with the Department of Public Works as a Public Employee, participating in the Public Relations and Safety & Training divisions respectively. I am also a POST cadet for Class 72. On top of that, and for reasons which will be apparent at a future point in time, I owned the Firestone Cellular Network business up until it’s recent closure.

So, why does this matter? These experiences, in the long run, provide insight as to my experience with both businesses and engaging with the public.

MY PLANS & INTENTIONS

• Ensuring citizens of Firestone have equal employment opportunities despite certain setbacks, including but not limited to their former records as long as they have changed.

• Providing transparency between Prominence and citizens of Firestone, allowing them to see and better understand how their government is run.

• Advocate for holding individuals, no matter their position or social status, accountable for their actions without excuses or malice.

• Keeping useless and time-wasting bills out of Congress. Too many put forth recently have been nonsensical, wasting the time of Senators and Representatives alike.

CONCLUSION
I thank you for taking the time to review my campaign, and truly do hope you join me on this journey to Congress and making Firestone as a whole a greater place to live. If you have any questions, comments or concerns, please feel free to let me know at dish#9049 or via forum messages.

2 Likes

I support.

2 Likes

support!

2 Likes

SUPPORT

2 Likes

As the guy who sang that one christmas song once said. "it’s the most wonderful time of the year:

How do you intend on doing this? There isn’t necessarily a way to prove discrimination in applications and generally everyone gets amf opportunity (if they live up to the requirements, of course)

another notoriously listed, but never acted on problem: what are your plans to achieve this goal?

quite frankly there ain’t much to do: what else would they propose?

on top of these alsp fairly vague promises, no government experience

i yield

3 Likes

This is more regarding criminal history, specifically centered around reformed criminals. While it is a simple process to get records expunged, it is a long process.

It is my intention to frequently discuss my own proposals as well as those of other congressmen and women with the public, whether this be through small press conferences or just general statements.

I understand that Firestone is reaching a point where there is a bill for practically anything, however it may start being time to go back and review bills and possibly amend them if needed. While I do not know, off the top of my head that is, any specifically that would need this revision, I know there is some out there.

I hope I’ve done the best I could to answer your questions, however as you yourself have mentioned, no government experience. Everyone starts somewhere, and some choose to start big while others start small. I am more focused on putting ideas out there that benefit Firestone than being some big-wig politician, and I completely recognize that it is unlikely I will win this race.

1 Like

i wouldn’t necessarily agree with thst statement. The process is quite simple; dont commit crime, file expungement, wait a week, boom

im gonna be dead honest this is one of the more graceful responses i’ve gotten for criticizing campaigns

however I can’t put my name on something with little experience

I do wish you luck, but i’d personally recommend getting experience in municipal government before taking on the responsibility of a senator

no support, but best of luck

2 Likes

Support from T0XIC_R3DACT3D

2 Likes

I wholeheartedly support and wish you the best.

Ignore the haters calling you out. I believe you deserve a chance to make a difference in the Senate and hope you get elected.

3 Likes

Justified criticism and analysis of the points made is not the same as hating. Anyone standing for public office should be prepared to take criticism and questions from the public.

2 Likes

Support!

2 Likes

at what point did i disrespect him in any way? regardless of our political opinions we can still both be respectful to eachother (which we were!)

a keystone of an important democracy (which you outline you want in your own candidacy) is questioning the actions of politicians, and political candidates.

if you truly valued democracy, you’d accept questioning and criticism instead of calling the people who ask these valuable questions slanderous terms such as “haters”

if you’re gonna not value democracy, then don’t fucking run

fin

1 Like

to further my point

1 Like

Support from Conterigo

2 Likes

Support from r_apptor

2 Likes

man, i dont think i can support you because a. you have no political experience in or outside of firestone and are only a dpw public employee. b. you have no real plans or an agenda.

2 Likes

support - Connah Eight Zero Thee Thee

2 Likes

Something already provided by the State.

Any plans on legislation? How will you actually help firestone move into V3?

Nice banners though!

1 Like

As previously mentioned, this would be focused more towards the criminal history, however Confussled made a valid point about how it’s relatively simple to just get records expunged and move on.

At this time that’s something I’m working on writing up. As I gather ideas and plans they will be added to this speech, however I’m making sure I’m caught up with current legislative affairs before I seek to bring up new concepts in case they are already existant.

Thank you!

1 Like

FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS

The following questions are those that have been asked either multiple times or serves to audit areas where I was incredibly vague or misworded what my intentions were.

#001 | CLAIMS ABOUT EQUAL EMPLOYMENT
Yes, I revise this claim and recognize multiple inconsistencies after review. As @ConfussIed has mentioned above, the process is relatively short, typically around a week. The only setback is for individuals who have their expungement requests denied, and while rare, it is possible, leaving citizens without employment because of criminal history.

#002 | HOW DO YOU PLAN TO PROVIDE TRANSPARENCY?
This is a question a few separate people have asked, so I’ll do exactly that: be transparent. It is my intention to hold press conferences or public discussions with citizens, update citizens with my agenda and what my congressional plans are as I move along.

#003 | WHY ARE YOU GOING FOR SENATE WITH NO EXPERIENCE?
This question is the most common and the one that has proved to provide the most setbacks, so I’ll provide clarification. The Senate would allow me the greatest opportunity to bring bright ideas and proposals to Prominence and Firestone as a whole, and while I recognize that it is standard for individuals to gain experience in the municipal area first, it was my decision to charge straight in. While this, in recognition, isn’t my SMARTEST idea, I still believe in my justification.

If anyone has any other questions, I am always available and willing to answer them. Good night Firestone!

V/R
DISHWASHERSUSHI
Congressional Candidate | 2022-3 Senatorial Campaigns

6 Likes