DHS Helicopter?

, ,

HOT TAKE!!!
Believe it or not, the FDOA runs passenger service from Arborfield to Prominence all the time. But go off about how they need a helicopter to transport government officials that nobody cares about. Quite frankly, SS attracts risk to government officials. And do continue to remove cool shit from FSP. Take SPU. Take CRD. Go ahead and take their SR role as well.

4 Likes

if im right in saying env has implemented air tows already cough cough

2 Likes

We have a medivac its just operated by fspasu

2 Likes

This does actually exist but its only used for the founders im pretty sure

2 Likes

You do realise you’re saying this to the fucking secretary of FDOA, the man knows it. SCFD also needs one solely for them without FSP operating it on their behalf.

2 Likes

If SCFD was issued a helicopter, SAR would only be able to operate it.

3 Likes

Hiya, Gov official here, I’m on daily (Not saying that I need a helicopter though :laughing:)

2 Likes

thanks wasn’t aware

2 Likes

hey :hot_face:

2 Likes

kind of shocked this post wasnt made by a member of dhs but here’s my take. as of now, dhs does not need anything even after the recent disbandment and transfer of the intelligence office. would the department be opposed to receiving an update in any of our fleet or anything in general? no, but updates arent a necessity to the homeland security right now with what we have. but i do appreciate the suggestion and if the founders do take time to do this it would be greatly appreciated by the department

3 Likes

i mean government officials with high clearance levels.

3 Likes

I agree with this. There shouldn’t be many departments which have a helicoper as it then subtracts what is different between them.

Go to SCSO if you want SWAT
Go to FSP if you want to fly
Go to DHS if you want to protect the Governors, be CRT or protect Government Assets.

If every department has the same thing then whats the point?

3 Likes

As a current CRT Agent and former SS Sergeant. We’re doing just fine with the things we have. yes a helicopter would be cool but it would also unbalance the relationship with other departments. Like the guy above me said, each department has its niche and if other departments start to breach that niche you’ll start to get an unbalance. During my time in SS we used ASU:SR multiple times to transport government officials when they requested it, this increased inter-departmental cooperation and gave DHS the chance to try something new. The three main Law Enforcement departments are good where they’re at, no need for any major changes.

3 Likes

bro you forgot dpw we need a heli to clean up all that garbage ya know!

2 Likes

Don’t push it. Firestone isn’t sized to real life where there are millions of people in existence and an extremely large area geographically. We need to be practical with what is to be added, not just going off “cool factor” by splurging on everything and not considering departments that are behind in basic inventory. Also, just because a certain real life department has it doesn’t mean we need it. Every city/county/town/community has different demands, not one size fits all.

3 Likes

I don’t think anyone should get a heli till DOA is allowed to do something other than fly a straight line between two desolate cities

6 Likes

RIP ASU ;c

2 Likes

It would be nice, but I think we have updates that need more priority right now.

2 Likes

fsp needs a heli too

4 Likes

Yes i get we would benefit from being able to operate it ourselves but in reality we have it so we are grateful for it

2 Likes