Detain Option

I believe officers should be able to actually detain people, as in release them while they are in cuffs. Right now the only way to detain someone is to cuff them and be attached to them. This option will make it easier for officers to investigate the scene without having to worry about the person suspected of doing the crime taking off or a second suspect opening fire on the officer who is taking care of the first suspect. In real life, I believe every officer carries 1 set of handcuffs (Maybe I’m wrong). Now you might be thinking “What if the suspect runs?”, If a suspect is cuffed and the officer presses the “Detain” button the suspect will 1. Move Extremely slow(So if they want to move around they will need the officers to help at all times). 2. They lose the ability to jump or have a 10-second jump cooldown timer to prevent them from spamming it. This idea will bring a lot of realism to the game if you ask me. What do yall think?

10 Likes

sounds cool

i would make it less abusable by preventing a LEO from having multiple people detained at a time
otherwise you’ll get some rogue leos going around detaining everyone

5 Likes

Could you imagine a full server and having a rogue cop that detained everyone that would be hilarious :joy:

7 Likes

Support. LEOs should be able to detain up to 3 people (maybe 2). The people detained should have a slowed walkspeed and no ability to jump. Detained players shouldn’t get the godmode affect that they get in cuffs.

8 Likes

I honestly believe godmode in cuffs should just be removed overall, at least for V3 (since I saw that in the current version of V3 there’s godmode when cuffed), nor should LEO vehicle windows be unbreakable

8 Likes

Issue with that is, no god mode means that your friends will just roll up and shoot us in the back. The server would fall into chaos because we would never be able to arrest the criminals.

5 Likes

I disagree. God mode is here because people would always kill suspects in cuffs to set them free. I understand it’s “unrealistic” to have god mode, but at the same time, this was game-breaking and was added for a reason.

5 Likes

yeah during the time it was added was due to people always having guns but isn’t the case anymore atleast from what I’ve seen

3 Likes

give fng zipties. same detain function, no arresty

12 Likes

Well obviously it isn’t the case anymore as you can’t do it…

If the godmode was removed it’d go back to how it was

3 Likes

…by that I mean the playerbase isn’t the same as back the…

3 Likes

I believe this is already in v3

6 Likes

SUPPORT

3 Likes

Please please please this. Also I support getting rid of cuff godmode - it’s unreasonable

4 Likes