Department of Health and SCFD Poll

Okay so recently SCFD and DoH came up to this compromise which is this: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1aVo5j0oAEQCi9sj-k5Wf7Zn1HTNB-ssbP8GZrdy_K4Q/edit?usp=sharing

My question still is the purpose of having DoH control certifications in the first place. Currently FFA and SCFD issue their own EMT-P and EMT-B certificates. This doesn’t make sense. This is like if DPS has a say in POST certifications. How can the Department of Health know if someone messed up if they don’t even teach the issued certification?

Therefore please vote:

• Keep it as it is with the Supervisory Board
  • Department of Health, FFA, and SCFD control their own certifications

0 voters

3 Likes

They made a compromise, leave at that. I think that the department of health should mandate all medical certifications, as that is their job since the v2 hospital doesn’t work. The SCFD can honestly cope, i dont see what the argument is over

7 Likes

Honestly I like the compromise. We have our delegates and I think it’s a pretty good one.

Chief Training Officer
FFA EMS
G_abee

6 Likes

I link my reasoning towards this Petition to make F:DoH mandate and supervise In Hospital care only

3 Likes

You are obviously not very well-informed about how this works.

FFA and FMA will be the primary provider of certifications. DoH sets up a scope of practice that says what stuff should and shouldn’t be in each certification. After a curriculum is written, DoH reviews it to make sure it meets the standards and scope that they’ve provided.

DoH Supervisory Board is consisting of 1 representative from FFA, 1 representative from FMA, 1 representative from SCFD, and 1 from DoH. This is more than fair.

All of the supervisory board members are very familiar with the curriculum and how it’s practiced, and considering they’re the ones who decided what should be in it, I think they can be the judges of if someone messed up.

Edit:
Also, all approved EMT-B/EMT-P certifications are pretty much worth the same thing (in case someone brings this up), certifications are through the State Health Registry which is a centralized database.

Edit 2:
FFA, FMA, and SCFD do control their own certifications, the scope of practice and cases of malpractice are just set/investigated by a board that’s ran by DoH and has fair representation from every academy and medical institution.

5 Likes

Whoever made the bill doesn’t think

3 Likes

We the public would like to see some type of amendment or whatever!

3 Likes

Isn’t FMA apart of DoH? So now DoH has more reps then the other divisions? How is that fair?

3 Likes

That is the reason for this poll. If this maintains a high approval rate for change then I will be proposing an amendment.

3 Likes

FMA is technically under DoH, however, it’s loosely connected and the secretary himself doesn’t have much involvement in its operations. I don’t think there’s going to be any bias there as FMA is another academic institution with standards, just like FFA and SCFA.

3 Likes

If we are doing all the divisions shouldn’t SCFD:S&R also have another representative? Also I know this is gone but if it still existed SCFA would of needed one.

Edit: and the Training Division

3 Likes

Wh- that doesn’t even make sense.

SCFA is directly under SCFD… and SCFA is the training division.
SAR is directly under SCFD and is simply a subdivision that has some special rescue training.

Please use some common sense, Senator.

5 Likes

This is under DoH and based on what you told me why is the Secretary not constantly looking over this division if it is a major part of the Department of Health?

3 Likes

It operates independently as it’s own academy just like FFA. I cannot speak for DoH. I know that Dr0xy personally had a big involvement in FMA’s creation, but they don’t micromanage FMA.

4 Likes

The problem though is it is still apart of DoH and they are DoH employees. FFA is a completely different department.

3 Likes

I would love for you to explain how that’s a problem. Considering this deal was worked out with FFA and SCFD high command, I think both departments are content with it.

4 Likes

can you guys take it to dms thanks bbs

4 Likes

@G_abee told you diplomacy, heh

Its great that departments worked together to create a compromise and as long as both departments are happy I believe the conflict is basically over.

5 Likes

To show you my perspective:

1. Most of you don’t know how DoH works. Most of you probably don’t even give a damn how it works.
    But you rather open up your mouth on a topic you are not keen of.

Every DoH Subdivision (among those are the Firestone Medical Academy, the Center for Disease Control and the SCMC) run autonomously. Of course I need to get somehow involved in there, because those sub divisions need currently be built up.
They are most dependent on me making a curriculum that can work within Firestone and why this is so difficult I am going to tell you now.

1. Most of my previous secretaries never achieved their goals, got frustrated and stopped working on DoH. I am one of the first (and probably the first afterall) that accomplished parts of his goals.
    I have established FMA, I am close to have Nurses staffed in SCMC and I gave DoH regulatory power, because DoH after all is a regulatory department.
    And the reason why even running divisions like FMA are so hard to get running smoothly is because they are new and never had a long term running concept like FFA, SCFD or POST has.
    And this is also the problem with SCMC, SCMC never was staffed in Firestone, and we expect that SCMC also will need a adaptation period depending on the activity of the new nursing students.

To get back on the main Topic
It is based on the fact that DoH is tasked by the State of Firestone to sustain the health of the Citizens of Firestone and EMS is currently a thing we need to work with due to its importance to the health of the public.
I think the current solution we got with SCFD fits and is an improvement to the system we had before we now got all important institutions in one board, all certifications in one registry, to which the institutions have access to and we have a basis to work on future goals together.
If any amendment will be made, it would destroy this new base of cooperation we established among us medical providers.
The disacceptance of the public is based on escalated slogans within the protest against DoH.
It is not fair for the envolved parties and not fair to the progress we made to overthrow it with a wave of hate that can fade away and leave us our space to improvement.

4 Likes

Many of the administration members in FFA are also a part of SCFD. We came to this solution because, FMA is dependent on the Supervisory Board, their curriculum to be approved by the Supervisory Board. With more SCFD influenced members on the board there would be the danger of a backlashing bias that we could prevent this way.
And a bias against FMA is hindering FMA from its progress and our common goal should be that every institution should improve by our work now.

4 Likes