Department of Corrections Training Facility

I think the title pretty much gives away what the suggestion is. The Department of Corrections is the only department that is currently operational within the county without an official training faciltiy. We do have an unofficial training facility, but this obviously does not have our tools or the prison itself. To have trainings of a decent quality, it is key that the Department of Corrections receives an official training center as soon as possible.
Special Emergency Response Team trainings are currently halted due to a lack of a decent place to train. We were fine while the test server was open, because we could just use that, but that is now obviously closed.
I know that there will apparently be an update of training facilities when V3 comes around, but that is too far away for DoC and I don’t even know if we’ll be getting one then. I would even be happy if we just get a temporary training facility with our tools and the prison, as that is better than what we have right now.

16 Likes

I also think that this is absolutely necessary for us to properly host training sessions, especially for SERT. The Training Bureau has to use the breach and clear kill houses as a mock prison for jailbreak, soup time, and visitation simulations for Basic Correctional Officer Trainings. We use the start of the EVOC course as a checkpoint simulation (at our unofficial training center.) We’re kind of in desperate need of something like an official training center.

6 Likes

Full support, DOC needs their own official training center built. This hasn’t been done for the longest time, and it’s time that it gets done if this gets approved.

6 Likes

Full support, DOC needs their own official training center built.

(Yes stole Instant’s response hehe, he worded it well, what can I say)

3 Likes

Especially with the test server being closed off to the public, we need a mock prison to train at. Fed said DOC would have a training center come V3, but one should’ve been built a long time ago.

I wouldn’t mind if we even use an old facility. @pathwaysbball if you open up the mock prison for Norfolk Corrections and give DOC HICOMM admin there, that would help us at the very least.

4 Likes

Support. The training center we have right now A.) Doesn’t have a radio, B.) Has shitty ass free model guns from like 2008 C.) the MD trainings use some jenky ass free model boats that are absolutely shit. D.) The SERT tryouts were bad enough using those guns, I couldn’t imagine how SERT even trains there. WE NEED A NEW TRAINING CENTER. - DOC Correctional Officer, MD Seaman Sky_Law.

4 Likes

YES PLEASE

3 Likes

Going to be real with you, unless you want the v2 prison, v3 is right around the corner I’m sure while v3 releases DOC can be added to the list of training facilities

3 Likes

That is exactly what we want, we want a training facility with a mock prison. Regardless of whether or not “V3 is right around the corner” we dont have an official place to train, you cant expect a Department to operate to the quality that Fed wants it to when Fed neglects the Department entirely

4 Likes

full support

3 Likes

full support, cause duh

3 Likes

That is quite literally what I want, yes. Just give us the prison and the tools and I’m good. If we need classrooms or whatever that can just be done in the meeting room or in the unofficial training center. It doesn’t even have to be detailed or whatever. It could probably be made within a day.

2 Likes

Support

3 Likes

support, as a SERT trainee having no training server is very frustrating as everything has now been halted.

4 Likes

nuttys sert academy is closed and wants to be open :frowning:

4 Likes

sounds like someone should be hired to do the training facilities cough

4 Likes

I’ll raise it up then, will update when I have a response.

4 Likes

Official response - no more training facilities will be made. All departments, including the department of corrections, will be receiving a new, state of the art training facility in preparation for the release of v3 in the coming months. The developer team is working hard on v3 right now and once we can you will have a working training facility with updated v3 tech. Apologies.

2 Likes

couldnt they quite litearly copy and paste the prison model from V2 onto another template, rename the place, and upload it.

2 Likes

Uhm okay so DOC should just be inoperable for a month is what you’re saying?

1 Like