Department Member Budgets

don’t worry, we aren’t as fucking thick in the head as they are

OH god this sounds horrible just saying, I’m glad I did not do post and I’m like an LEO Because like others have said they will prob fire a lot of leos and it will most likely go by activity so a lot of people who are busy with school (mostly high school) are most likely getting fired which is lame. I honestly think they should just close apps at a certain amount of people… Like when so reaches 105 it closes sane with FSP, And maybe doc and so forth. I don’t agree with this but heck whatever lol

Pss if you get fired join department of private works we are launching great! And we have no member budget

Right…

mAyFlOwEr CoPy

1 Like

yUs wE sHaLl bE mAyFlOwEr V2

Support.

not my problem you also work for koliger as the hcfd chief, i can agree our budgets are dumb, but until we get a new con board can be a dictator

First off, this is the lamest way to try to put down an argument. Just because it’s not an original idea doesn’t mean it’s bad. Mayflower does it, but it works. That’s no reason to drop this idea. If it works, it works – I don’t think we need to criticise its origin. I believe that this idea has its benefits, so I don’t see the reason for putting it down simply because Mayflower did it first.

I don’t think we need this. This would ultimately just conflict with the whole point of this. If the budget would just keep increasing, it reduces the actual competition and thus the actual need for competence to be in a department. Keep it at one set number and let terminations and resignations open the spots for the new cadets. Maybe they can have some strict activity check or whatever at the end of each month – when POST graduates – to clear up some spaces, but I don’t see the need of opening more spaces and increasing the size of the departments every month when the goal is to keep it limited.

The idea’s not about managing virtual finances. It’s about having a reason to limit the number of LEOs. You’re missing the bigger picture; the goal of this is to bring in more competent mindsets and less “quantity > quality” ideologies. It’s pretty stupid roleplay-wise to just have a department say “yeah only 200 guys tops” instead of giving an actual valid reason. It’s not like the devs will cut off development for FSP if they exceed their budget or something – the word “budget” in this sense is used to refer to the maximum capacity, not how many virtual dollars each department can hold.

Ammonia?

That aside, I think it makes perfect sense. Sure, we have these hundreds of LEOs, but how many do you see on v2 everyday? It’s not like all of them are properly motivated to actually do their jobs right all the time. I think it’s fair to say that, even though this would limit the number of LEOs, it would increase their activity as they strive to hold their jobs.

We push out one class every month. Entrance exams limit the amount of people getting in. POST releases a fair amount of people every month. It’s already fine as-is.

If people are being thrown under the bus, then there’s good reason for it. Again, this is a question of quantity and quality. If they can’t do their jobs right, then they have no right to complain. If they feel they were removed unfairly, then they have DPS to talk to – which will then have a better part to play in managing the LEOs.

Again, POST grads are every 28-31 days now. Also, do note that not every POST cadet makes it through, and definitely not all of them are great LEOs. Again, this breeds a more competent mindset; they have every reason to be competent, else they lose their jobs – given that it took them 31 days + say 1-5 more days to actually get into their department, it would definitely serve as a casus belli of sorts for them to actually do their jobs.

It depends on departmental HICOM to dictate who gets the boot, but I’d bet it’s by activity.

If a supervisor’s not worth his salt but he still remains on board, then that’s something for DPS and possibly FBI (e.g. FBI v WaterLostic back in December) to look into.

It’s not like we don’t have a system to protect those people in place already. Every department allows their member to be inactive if they have proper reason. Of course, if they take too long, they’ll probably be confronted, but generally speaking it’s not like they’ll be persecuted mercilessly for having lives.

Anyway, that aside, I think this idea makes sense, and knowing the quality of our law enforcement at times, I believe this would be the right step. Full support from me.

Hecc yes. This is needed.

how about let dps handle budgets?

NEIN! They already got so much fucking power, no thx