Deparment jurisidctions

Okay, so I just got a simple question about jurisdictions for departments for FSP and SCSO, if you look at pinned messages in general chat for Firestone it shows the jurisdictions for those two, Are those outdated? If they are can someone update me on the new jurisdictions please

2 Likes

Department Jurisdiction might is the most under enforced thing in all of Firestone. FSP never sticks to their jurisdiction and constantly enters Redwood when there are many SCSO Deputies on and no active calls. I only ever see SCSO sit at CD or respond to a bank alarm.

I think there needs to be a new emphasis put on Jurisdiction and departments need to enforce that more.

To answer your question:

Jurisdictions haven’t changed for SCSO or FSP.

2 Likes

no one really cares about jurisdiction.

for example, fsp
no one cares about the rw and scso rule, they go into rw regardless.
the only people that actually listen to that rule are probies and new troopers, which they’ll eventually stop giving a f*ck too

4 Likes

i am the only person in fs who cares about jurisdiction and i wish more did

3 Likes

you’re not the only one :pensive:

Edit: the excuse that “too much staff happens” could directly be countered with saying “if departments stuck to their jurisdiction, response times would be quicker.”

Edit 2: and LEO are beyond terrible at prioritization of calls and knowing how many should respond to a given call. “What does this have to do with Jurisdiction?” one may ask. Glad you asked, when the 8+ LEO’s respond to a bank alarm in prom, all those LEO’s will respond to the next bank alarm in GD or RW. This disorganization clusters LEOs in one section of the map, making long response times and deemphasizing coordinating who should respond and who should still patrol around. If some officers could understand “Wow, that 911 call is full for an ATM Alarm, I might as well just patrol around”, the game would be 10x better with actually catching people in the act.

2 Likes

3 Likes

you have no idea how many times theres been like 5 DHS and 3 SCSO at a GD bank call and theres 911 calls of shooters coming from RW, which SCSO abandoned to go to GD

so then I have to go do SCSOs job in RW

3 Likes

Agreed, they really need to enforce the jurisidctions, I see a lot of FSP just sitting at RW cd when there is SCSO on

2 Likes

because nobody goes on the highway all the al qaeda members are in redwood

2 Likes

Department jurisdiction is basically Redwood Blvd. lol

1 Like

Okay but still… There are crimes at highways and skywalk…

1 Like

Yeah lol, thats what it seems but they really need to enforce them.

1 Like

the only time leos leave rw is for a pursuit…

and even scso passes the tunnel reluctantly

1 Like

skywalk

1 Like

lol. legit every crim runs up the 401 to go store their guns in envs. it also in the way from rw to arbor or prom

1 Like

To put it bluntly, NO. Jurisdictions haven’t changed. However even fed himself (atleast I think it was fed) said at one point that the jurisdictions are more so suggestions, or rather “primary areas of focus” than actual requirements.

1 Like

Well the thing is most LEO’s do patrol the Redwood area as it is the hotspot for a lot of crime, but what happens when someone robs Prominence Bank? All the units rush there via Redwood BLVD and the 401, but would it not be useful to have units (fsp) on the 401? When I was in FSP, I focused on areas like Greendale and Hillview as most criminals tend to flee towards Prom Park and towards Redwood from that way after they rob the bank in Prominence. At the very least, have some units come via the FS98 hillview side to attempt to intercept what is usually a black srt fleeing towards Hillview from the bank. I know some people already do this (wink wink @Pearism) but it would be huge if more people did it.

in siege terms, flank them!

3 Likes

you have to get LUCKY for a crime on the 401 to pull over theres only so many cars every few minutes and soon as they see a cop they slow up or run

1 Like

:sob: :sob: :sob: :sob: :cry: :disappointed_relieved: :cry: :disappointed_relieved: :cry: :rage: :rage: :face_with_symbols_over_mouth: :face_with_symbols_over_mouth: how dare people do the jurisdiction of the patrol for dept dare they grrrr jurisdiction very angererysddfh

2 Likes

facts i simply dont even try to pull over a car going 110 cause i know theyre not gonna pull over anyways

1 Like