Court Suggestion - Jury Duty?

hit up with your input.

what if the courts could call on random civillians for jury duty in an upcoming case?

hm

7 Likes

Yes, more realism, I like the idea, I like that idea, making citizens serve as jurors.

2 Likes

guccy

1 Like

yeah more realistic, would a be a good idea. how would you implement it tho?

1 Like

they already do, but i was thinking more of calling onto citizens for jury duty in an upcoming case. right now, it’s just whoever comes, they can pick who they want

2 Likes

Yeah, that is what I support, like how they do subpoenas make it more realistic, for jurors, call them VIA a forum post with all the Jurors,

1 Like

can’t do it - takes too long, need to background check all for bias etc

1 Like

you dont have to fill in on all the seats. you could do some people for jury duty and pick the rest in game.

2 Likes

Still More Stress and More work for Courts, Though there could be a select team of them.

1 Like

That Could work

1 Like

I think this is a good idea, you could choose a variable number of potential jurors from middle class citizens (16-20, let’s say), and figure out who can and cannot attend, who presents a conflict of interest or not, and when the trial comes around, you already have a jury. Only problem with this is I’m now sure how many people would actually show up.

1 Like

God knows I’m not dealing with messaging all these people and setting it up. Gonna be a no from me. I’m for realism as best as possible, but at some point we need limitations. Irl, the Courts make you serve as a juror, and have days in pretrial to vet jurors. We can’t really do this kinda stuff because it’s, ya know, a virtual game?

2 Likes

Agree

1 Like

NO this means one person could bribe ALL of the jurors as they know whom they are

1 Like

No, just no.

We just select our Jury when the Time Comes but I think Lawyers need to Let the DCJ know before hand so he can Arrange a Jury.

1 Like

I think that should answer the Question ^

1 Like

What are the requirements if someone wants to be in a jury?

1 Like

Show up for the Case and be Selected at random

We check to make sure their is No Bias and Continue

1 Like