County/City/Town Public Utilities Authority

This is to the county council/city council across the Stapleton County.

The Redwood Consumer Protection Act was a bust however it does bring new ideas when it comes to protecting consumers and customers alike.

As of making this I am understanding is currently customers (residential & commercial) are buying needed utilities (gas, lights, water, telecom, sewer, etc.) from big & small companies without a sort of regulation on the pricing.

I purpose for a special Department/Commission/Authority from each city (Stapleton County can too for the towns of Hillview & Greendale) that is responsible of purchase the needed utilities, billing its citizens for the utilities, plus in charge of the meter reading.

This would mean instead of eg SPG having multiple customers it would channel it down to 1 which would be the city (eg Redwood) so all it needs to do are the repairs, maintenance, and the needed things while Redwood would be in charge of the billing, and if Redwood doesn’t like it it has other companies like CE to purchase electricity.

5 Likes

Government doesn’t have money because FS financial system is whack as fuck, so probably not a customer

1 Like

Rp maybe?

1 Like

I don’t understand why there should be stuff to protect costumers. I agree some of you guys want realism in this game. However, there is a line that should be drawn and you should understand its a game at the end. Business are ran by the owners with little to NO help from any governments. No one should tell business owners how much they can charge customers.

6 Likes

Based ancap Phil?

4 Likes

no one wants their services anyway

1 Like

Fo sho

3 Likes

Yeah I see what your saying

2 Likes

@Clonemep Legal review on this?

1 Like

i dont understand this. someone please help

1 Like

I think he’s basically saying nationalise the utilities and bring them under control of municipal/county government

3 Likes

n o .

1 Like

so basically we’re trynna make V3 Bloxburg?

1 Like

bloxburg uses this one little cleaning business (privately owned) next to the burger place

1 Like

dw ill start one, and we’ll make v3 bloxburg and make everyone with custom houses have to pay their bills

1 Like

unconstitutional taxation?!??!?

1 Like

With how Firestone works, I believe this would just add unneeded complications to utility businesses.

1 Like

Honestly an unnecessary change, likely to only complicate stuff further.

We don’t really need much in consumer protection acts outside outright scams, not like SPG or CE can send your electricity bill (in V2 anyway, IDK but I doubt V3 also)

Maybe if you claimed a house in game and got billed over the play session possibly, but unlikely.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.