Copyright/Trademark Law Exploration

Folks, I have recently had thoughts flutter through my brain along with some of my colleagues about possible copyright laws existing in Firestone. As the incredible sigma businessman, I am there would be relatively more straightforward in the Firestone sphere. however, it’ll protect businesses and individuals against those who seek to infringe upon namesake, services, products or ideas, intellectual property(s) etc. I’m thinking that the Department of Commerce would handle the approvals and processes of this idea.

WHAT DO YOU THINK, share your comments below.

What do you think of this proposal?
  • Great Idea
  • It’s ok
  • This is a dumb idea
  • I don’t care

0 voters

2 Likes

firestone can’t handle any kind of tort other than arguing over a post cert as it is

how will we handle the FMCA???

6 Likes

brain power and ash power

1 Like

Currently irl laws would cover this, no? @Ash1835

2 Likes

its firestone we’re going to protect firestone businesses and firestone people’s interests

edit: nerd

1 Like

ash its not YOU who needs to understand it

its EVERYONE else

and the number of people in this community who know what I mean by FMCA is about 5

5 Likes

i will make it simple for business owners and individuals alike i PROMISE

2 Likes

Ash. It is I, one of the only ones who understand you.

love,
your finance/accounting buddy donald

3 Likes

I completely understand you, and I really like this.

1 Like

I don’t think it’s a bad idea as such but is it really needed? Would DOCM not already prohibit people from copying other business names/logos etc

2 Likes

we do (expect sweet street)

2 Likes

seems like a good idea but what fbi said is true

this seems redundant as DOCM already kinda enforces this, let DOCM do its own thing plz : D

3 Likes

They shouldn’t but do. For example, a few weeks ago (back when I still ran Capital Energy) NoLongerSoup tried to create Capital Communications, which the Capital Industries board felt was a complete infringement on branding (and considering at least 3 members of the board at the time have studied business) so a letter was sent to Commerce explaining our views and then there was a whole back and forth but eventually Soup changed the business name. But this is when I brought up copyrighting.

That’s Fedlaw for irl, I think he meant firestone businesses, which currently only has the policy of not directly copying another business.

2 Likes

omg hello fellow finance/accounting buddy

2 Likes

you nerds are all over the place

2 Likes

How do you want to enforce this? Because making an act that, often, is unintentional or non-malicious a crime given the circumstances of the subject matter is a bit risky. Secondly, if you make it civil what’s the enforcement? Per muh Fedlaw courts can’t order monetary reparations, which is generally the recompense in a copyright case. Like we could injunct the use of the copyright violating material, but that’s a lot of effort for a meh result.

2 Likes

could be like the shareholders act where we made new laws to the criminal code or commerce can decide punishment like a ban on further business applications for x amount of months or something

1 Like

its my God given right to copy

1 Like

Chinese state-corporations b like

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.