Contribute to Bug-Squashing!

Hello folks.

By the end of today (March 17), Stapleton County v3 should have some of it’s core GUIs in game. As alpha release comes closer, the game will be expected to be at least semi-playable. Obviously, not everything is perfect. Often times, errors in games occur on an individual-basis. This thread is to assist you in identifying said bugs and posting it in #development:dev-bugreports so that we can fix it as we move forward.

One of the ways you can help find bugs is to open your developer console. You can do this by pressing the F9 key on your keyboard. When you do, this screen will pop up:

You will only get to see the “Client Log.” If there is any yellow or red output in the log, take a full screenshot of the console window and post it on the forums. Often times, you will see errors that are from Roblox and not from the actual game mechanics. If you are unable to figure out if the error is relevant, you should go ahead and post it. You can view more information about the developer console here: https://developer.roblox.com/en-us/articles/Developer-Console

Please be sure to not duplicate bug reports. You should look to see if the error has been already reported in a previous thread that has not been marked as solved.

If there is an error in-game that does not print out in the logs, you can always create a thread by stating what you do, what the expected outcome should be, and what outcome you got. Once again, please be sure to see if there hasn’t been a previous thread on said topic.If you do see a thread on the topic, be sure to add on to it if you can!

We hope that throughout Alpha we will get to see the game come together and have it playable so that v2 can phase out and welcome the community in a whole new game. Thank you for being apart of this community and I look forward to making v3 meet everyone’s standards.

Good luck!
- GetEnveloped

Relevant Threads:

5 Likes

Env, I have a question, in the first day of V3, are we allowed to join teams or not?

4 Likes

sir yes sir

4 Likes

:slight_smile:

4 Likes

I’m not paying 1k robux if I lag out because the game is too laggy

5 Likes

You’ll be able to join teams by the end of today. However, some teams may not be functional.

4 Likes

Scripts in v3 are not a combination of 15 other developers. They are consistent and should not take an impact on performance as it did in v2. However, the instance count is quite a bit, and if that does cause lag, I’ll look into unloading non-essential parts at a distance, hopefully making it better.

5 Likes

Alright, thank you, I just don’t have a full on 4k gaming PC, that’s all.

4 Likes

Do you have an estimate for when a chunk loader will be added to the game? I was able to load v3 a couple months ago, but as of late, I am no longer able to render v3.

5 Likes

It won’t be a chunk loader as constantly loading and unloading chunks will be heavier on the client. I had implemented a script where non-essential parts (textures, trees, decals, smaller parts) were unloaded at a distance and plenty of people found that they were able to play v3 better. I’ll go search for that script once I can and try to work on it further if it helps more people.

5 Likes

Do we get tools when we join team or they aren’t added yet?

4 Likes

Information on specifications for v3 alpha will be announced on a later date along with a roadmap, the same we did for v2.

4 Likes

All the LEO GUI’s will they be on team for V3. Such as the new updated radio. The animation when you use the radio. Will that all be in V3 when you first release the game.

4 Likes

So with joining teams will that include cars and tools or am I thinking too ahead right now

4 Likes

Some of the LEO GUIs will be in by tonight.

Not everything, definitely not cars or tools.

4 Likes

Do you know when V3 will be released?

4 Likes

v3’s release date is undetermined.
At the moment, we’re looking definitively on April 1st for Alpha - where the price will drop from R$1000 to somewhere in the one or two hundreds. After that, BETA will follow once we feel the game is ready for the BETA stage, hopefully some time in the summer of this year.

4 Likes

ok
thanks

5 Likes

Will atleast one-two department vehicles be drivable so if we want to then we can do some RP? Ex: SCFD has an Engine and Ambulance from v2 that’s able to be used in v3 or something

4 Likes

http://prntscr.com/ri2rly F9 problems with Parks and recreation

4 Likes