Constant V2 Memory Leaks

Memory leaks are causing the game to run out of memory on the client and you end up crashing. The console will fill up with errors and eventually you will just disconnect. According to my logs, the weather system (that no one asked for) seems to be what is causing this to happen. I am sure the snow that was added is also making it even worse. I have never had memory leaks on this game until the snow was added. Now I have memory leaks at least once a day when I play and it is seriously getting annoying.

I attached an image which shows the memory leak coming from the weather system. Once the error count reaches the thousand mark you just crash.

5 Likes

Also the vehicle entry script seems to be another source of a memory leak. Car door handles will randomly break and just flood with errors. Eventually this breaks the entire game and you crash.

3 Likes

Ok. Ok.

2 Likes

I can’t join either. :frowning:

3 Likes

This’ll happen when I’m on DOT and I get locked out of my car

4 Likes

Update: a few hours ago V2 absolutely diarrhea’d the bed for me, all my tools and tool animations broke and the ERU was flickering with names disappearing and reappearing

5 Likes

Very major issue that needs to be addressed.

Bump

4 Likes

Average Firestone V2 update

3 Likes

We’ll be looking into this.

2 Likes

Door handles do not cause the game to break. The error from the door handle is just the Roblox API crapping itself and having to throttle requests.
Whilst it shouldn’t spit out errors, its not causing any memory leaks

2 Likes

typical big programmer shutting down the small meek bug reporters, when will this horror end?

7 Likes

this may be the most retarded comment to an experience developer’s advice that I’ve seen in a while

in the post he made, he’s only referring to the fact that specifically door handles are not causing memory issues. he hasn’t commented on anything else yet.

my brother in christ, 5 years [m/l] of programming experience trumps your smartassery

2 Likes

I take it you catch the short bus into school?

3 Likes

if by short bus, you mean mustang, then yes!!!

1 Like

So what does?

1 Like

Okay, the car door handle script is probably not a source of a memory leak, but it breaks often enough and that is another bug that needs to be addressed and fixed.

The script from the first picture likely started erroring when the game ran out of memory as my gun had also broken in that picture too.

I would also like to add:
I actually had memory leak issues starting in early November. This was back before snow was added. Ever since the snow was added it has gotten significantly worse. Server age does not have much of an effect, as I have had memory leaks happen on servers only a few hours old. Whenever I end up crashing from a memory leak, it’s always when the weather system script runs.

3 Likes

At a glance, the weather

But v2 is extremely unoptimised and most likely has underlying issues anyway.

3 Likes

V2 has had memory leak issues for ages, theyve been fixed and broke again and fixed and broke again, its not optimized

3 Likes