Congressional Districts for v3

What would you guys think of congressional districts within v3? Their point would be to allow residents of each different city to vote for their own representation for their district of residence, whether it be for municipal elections, or county/ state elections. There would be a polling center for each district, not just one for the whole game. Each district would have a certain number of representatives in the House of Representatives depending on the district’s population, and each district would also each have an equal number of senators to vote for.

This would obviously be a V3 thing, and my idea is to have 3 districts: one for Prominence, one for Redwood and Greendale, and the third for Arborfield and Hillview. Greendale and Hillview would be under the jurisdiction of Redwood and Arborfield city governments respectively (this would make sense as in v2 HV and GD are under the Prom city government’s jurisdiction), and GD and HV residents would be able to vote in the cities’ municipal elections. For state elections, there would be 3 senators per district and the number of representatives would be determined by the population of a district, though this may require amending the constitution to happen. This can be changed but maybe for county council elections Prom gets 3 council members and RW and Arbor each get 2 members.

Reply with your thoughts and if you support this idea vote

• Support

0 voters

edit: forgot to mention that residency would be determined by where you own a house. Discuss ideas for voters that don’t own houses as idk what to do about that

1 Like

this would then require residence to be established for each city, etc etc. possible, but quite a bit complicated for a congressional system that struggles to get people involved in the first place, so.

4 Likes

just edited the post for how residency might work.

2 Likes

This really couldn’t work. Districts would be extremely difficult to actually come up with, even if we did have a housing system

1 Like

This is not true

1 Like

I meannnn it could be doable, but would take quite a bit of work to set-up and maintain…

1 Like

Districts don’t work in Roblox groups. A permanent residency system would be cool but it’d muddy the waters and also prevent users that do not permanently reside within one district from voting.

1 Like

Bro v3 can’t even stay active for longer than 2 days after an update, Congressional Districts really?

2 Likes

v3 isnt steady yet
etc. gun system
trains
car configs (leo car sirens and stuff)
els gui

are some examples

idea doesnt seem viable

1 Like

I can see where you’re coming from however residency can also be changed along with the idea that you can buy many houses or apartments

1 Like

Env said it’s planned to have housing to live in and customize furniture and create parties lol

1 Like

I believe the plan is one house per person for v3

1 Like

this would definitely be something for further down the line in V3

1 Like

They could just be divided into the 3 that I suggested, Prom, Arbor and HV, RW and GD

I could’ve sworn it was, I thought I remembered something about adding HV to the Prominence jurisdiction. in any case, HV and GD would be under Arbor and RW respectively for my idea

That’s a thing i’ve been wondering how to solve myself

Once it’s set up it would seem like it would run itself, no?

1 Like

Political parties!!!

1 Like

Yeah and it’ll be something like Work at a Pizza Place (to give a very old example) where you get a property and all of your assets load in the same place you placed them or in your building inventory and save when you leave.

2 Likes

Indeed, hopefully it’ll be more stable than that game’s way when the houses

1 Like

work at a pizza place gives me aids

I actually drafted a charter amendment for Prom on something like this, but my Councilman decided to leave the idea before proposing it.

1 Like

“legislative aide”
“aide to a councilman”
“prominence”

Congressional districts already exist RP wise with changes implemented into congress like 2 months ago, I’m the senator for Hillview RP wise (see: Trello).

suggestion can therefore be closed, election based districts are unlikely and would lead to mass confusion about “whats my district, who can i vote for” yadda yadda, current system works, end of

4 Likes