Congress is taking away LEOs judgement for Public Safety

Which only brings me back to my previous point. When have you ever heard of an officer shooting at a vehicle that’s fleeing?
When have you ever heard of an officer shooting at someone in a foot pursuit instead of using their taser?

2 Likes

All the time… when they are a deadly threat. Which is what this laws says they can do IF they are a deadly threat. Not for fun.

2 Likes

Please cite that somewhere, find me a report or bodycam footage.

2 Likes

They put it away so they cannot be a threat anymore? So how about you go shoot someone at CD, then unequip your gun sally on over to RW Bank and then proceed to continue shooting again. If an officer is at CD, sees whats going on they’re able to completely eliminate that threat from further or any more possible threats.

2 Likes

I just gave you 2 examples, of someone shooting at an officer (deadly threat) and as they are running away they are shot at/killed. One on foot and the other in car.

3 Likes

I’m not saying LEOs shoot people for fun. Only that they can still firing on a fleeing suspect who is armed and dangerous and poses a deadly threat to life if he escapes.

3 Likes

In the first video the suspect is running away with the gun still in his hand, he’s still a threat, we’re talking about someone who is unarmed.

2 Likes

This law has nothing to due with “unarmed.” We don’t shoot you for fun.

I am talking about, allowing us to shoot people fleeing that are deadly threats. Which this law protects us, as the fleeing felon rule.

Congress is trying to do away with this law.

IF THE GUN IS IN YOUR INVENTORY, DESPITE DE-SELECTING IT, YOU ARE STILL ARMED IN ROBLOX.

5 Likes

Ya’ll keep talking about CFLs but nobody cares about how this impacts LEO work- crims love this law cause they know how to exploit it already

3 Likes

Look at this video then come talk to me.

5 Likes

to the people that wan’t us to not shoot people which deselected/put their weapon in the coat, why? it’s literally a threat, the player can easily take it out and shoot it but we have to switch from taser to gun and back, what’s the point? what are you trying to achieve? what do you think will be better?

2 Likes

You are wrong. A runner is just as much an active threat.
The fact that someone opens fire (and very well could have possibly killed someone) in front of my eyes certifies them as a threat. The very idea that they drew this weapon and opened fire with the full knowledge that they had the potential to take a life is in and of itself adequate to put a fleeing felon down.

Criminals run and come back. They will do it again. As I swore an oath to protect people, that means that I refuse to stand by with the potential to put someone down if they’re dangerous to the people.

I’ve done it multiple times, and I will continue to do so.
https://streamable.com/z0nav
https://streamable.com/x5kkbw

6 Likes

Just gonna note this again, this only affects CFL holders. LEOs can continue their work through what is taught in POST (especially use of force model) and their own respective policies, thanks.

2 Likes

Prime examples of how people are still a threat to life. Even at attempts to flee.

Without this law, you would face prosecution.

3 Likes

LEO or not, some of us still swore an oath.

3 Likes

As a civilian your duty is not to shoot people. When you hold a CFL you have the right to defend yourself and those around you. If someone is fleeing without a gun out then you should contact the police and have them continue with it since they have the tools and training to do so.

2 Likes

This law was made to protect us. It was made after Fed ruled on a LEO shooting.

Before this law was made, people were getting DPS’ed and sued for shooting a car that was driving away after running over 30 people. Or people like Lidels case above. Before this law was made, officers were losing their jobs.

CFL’s aren’t vigilantes, so I am okay there without a fleeing felon (up for more debate), but this law is used and taught to protect LEOs with fleeing felon. Amend it to say only LEOs can do fleeing felon maybe. Don’t just nullify completely.

3 Likes

i take away my heart, if some dude just shot somebody and maybe hit me or not, i’d still shoot him if he unequips his gun, i’d do that irl aswell, i doubt you’d whip your phone out as soon as the dude puts his gun in his coat

2 Likes

Please DM me on disc DadLogic#6802 and we can talk more about this in depth. (you can post our dms publicly if you so wish)

2 Likes

this is roblox, youre taking it too serious, criminals who put their gun away are hard to taser as they simply take it back out and shoot.

also that would mean they can equip/dequip forcing the officer to switch between tazer and pistol in an effort to not get raped by DPS

plus cops usually rp if the criminal says -drops-, or -drops gun-

overall, cool idea and would work irl but not on roblox. if you wanna remove it from the cfls go ahead legal murder aint cool, but dont touch cops

2 Likes