Community-Made Vehicle Rims

Community-Made Vehicle Rims

The community now has a chance to create their own rim design and send it to the administration to add to the mod shop! This thread will showcase on how to submit your rim builds, if you choose to participate.

You can download the default rim design here. DefaultRim.rbxm (20.5 KB)

When you open the model in Studio, you will see the following:

1. Brake
  2. Two Rims
  3. Tire
  4. PhysicsTire

The only part you may re-configure is the rim build. The brakes, tire, and physicstire part must not be altered in any shape or form. Brakes will only appear on the front tires and will be hidden in the rear tires. Be sure to keep the Rim build count to a maximum of two (2) parts, which must be a BasePart.

Upon completing your build, you may publish to Roblox as a free model and link the build here. It will then be decided by the administration whether the build will be added to the game or not.

Enjoy!

Side note: Feel free to edit the tire size, although the width and length must be the same.

Edit 2: Creators will have access to purchase their rims even if it’s Alpha/Beta-specific.

6 Likes

Someone make mremote as a rim

4 Likes

make my char a rim

5 Likes

TESLA TIRE. Tesla Logo inside of a tire! Only 2 parts. Eh?

4 Likes

Can the parts be unions?

3 Likes

Yes. 5char

4 Likes

So wait…

The brakes, tire, and physicstire part must not be altered in any shape or form.

but…

Feel free to edit the tire size although the width and length must be the same .

I’m guessing you mean that we can create a thicker or thinner sidewally (green and yellow) but I don’t know.

Can you clarify?

4 Likes

Originally I asked for the black part to not be altered, but after fed asked whether the tire itself could be thinner, I said yes.

The wheel should remain the same diameter, but the thickness of the tire and the diameter of the rim itself can be altered.

5 Likes

Are you planning on using InsertService to dynamically load rims, or are you adding them manually? Asking because I want to know if I can submit multiple rims in the same model.

4 Likes

@NWSpacek tbh He’ll probably say model them separately, just put them all in one post If I were you.

4 Likes

@jasonbourneaxis How so make him as a rim? Like his player model?

4 Likes

@anon54114525 Just wondering, Are we good to have mesh part inside of our tire or no? Asking as I’m doing a design that looks kind of wack without it and make it not work as well.

4 Likes

I wish to submit more than one design. Should I upload them as separate models or should I upload all of them as one model?

4 Likes

I am bad at building stuff, but it would be cool to see some Off Road tires for the Jeeps and F150s

5 Likes

They are being inserted manually.

You can go ahead and try it and I’ll take a look whether it’s compatible.

You can upload them all in one model.

4 Likes

(post withdrawn by author, will be automatically deleted in 24 hours unless flagged)

4 Likes

Someone make the GTA 5 dollar sign into a rim.

4 Likes

Is there any criteria for any rims that are not acceptable? (For example those dollar sign rims the person above suggested, is that acceptable?)

Also if a rim does get chosen, would the person who made it get the rim for free in-game? (I’m poor…)

4 Likes

Rim creators should be able to use the rim even if it’s selected for priviliged users (alpha, beta, whatever)

5 Likes

Upon completing your build, you may publish to Roblox as a free model and link the build here.

4 Likes