Cinematic Mode

When you press F3 or something it hides the mouse, guis, and core guis. It could also be setup to hide everyone’s name. This would be helpful for photography and videography in county.

When it’s enabled, a hint could appear for a few seconds explaining how to disable it (“Press F3 to disable cinematic mode”)

28 Likes

Support. That would be lit

4 Likes

support

3 Likes

yes!!

4 Likes

This is actually something Developers can enable within ROBLOX Studio so I 100% agree this should be in-game for things like videos and all that.

5 Likes

You’re thinking of a free cam. I’m not asking for that (as it would be easily abused). However, cinematic mode wouldn’t be too difficult to add…

It’s vey simple (maybe 8 lines at most?) to hide the GUIs for a cinematic mode, and wouldn’t be much harder to hide everyone’s name when cinematic mode is enabled.

4 Likes

Support! This will def be good, especially for @Torenixz incase he decides to film another movie in v2. And of course pictures!

8 Likes

Support

4 Likes

Just so you know, ROBLOX has an inserted feature in which developers of a game can hit “Shift+P” while in the game, and it will enter them into Cinematic mode, or “free-cam”. Very fun to play around with, take amazing pictures, etc. The only reason this would not be permitted is that criminals could spy on Secret Service Protectees while they’re halfway across the map, etc (just an example). Though I do think that they should give this ability to the Firestone News Network employees, and other media businesses. For example, in the G4 meetings we had, the developer of the game scripted it so anyone could hit “Shift+P” and enter cinematic mode. This could assist media businesses like Paramount Pictures to film their movies. So, yes, it has a bunch of up-sides, but a bunch of down-sides as well. They would need to pose an equal balance. So yes, I do think this could be beneficial to an extent.

4 Likes

I think they were just wanting a way to remove all GUI’s including the cursor. You would still gave the same constraints as you do now in which you couldn’t fly around taking photos / videos.

4 Likes

Although I would think it would be cool if Fed could make that feature for the test server and allow it to be open for movie and map making and stuff.

3 Likes

Oh, I see. Yes, then I would like the idea. This would infact benefit all media sources, forms of Public Relations, etc., to take some nice pictures.

3 Likes

holy shit, please. need to get those hot scfd photos

4 Likes

aasdadasdas bump

2 Likes

maybe like free cam, but add a max distance you can go, to prevent abuse

1 Like

yes and support

2 Likes

Support.

2 Likes

why didn’t u add this111111111 smh inactive dev

1 Like

shut up

+ bump as more GUIs like map get implemented this feature request becomes more and more relevant

5 Likes

and the safezone which blocks the top portions of your screen!

3 Likes