carIockss for Prominence - Bring Prominence Back To Prominence

Greetings everyone! My name is carIockss and I’m running for the office of Mayor of District of Prominence. I am also currently a member of the District Council of Prominence as well as a member of Firestone House of Representatives. I am running because I think a better job could be done to prevent inactivity and involving the full Executive Staff and District Council on making decisions to benefit the district.

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

Issues

Throughout my time as a District Councilman I have noticed that many of these executive positions have nothing to do (in previous administrations). Some were on the verge of being abolished because of this. An example of this would be the Prominence Library. A few months ago, the current Mayor had asked the public if they would support the disbandment of the Prominence Library, with many responding with a “no" and the Chief Librarian responding to give him something to do.

Another issue is the incredible slow process. I understand if sessions were to last a day or 2. People have lives. But to last a week and sometimes longer is absurd. In my plans, I will show how I will combat these issues.

Plans

• Business - So my first goal is to establish a Business Relations Advisor. This person would be responsible for advising me on business affairs and setting up events with businesses of Firestone. I also plan to utilize the Business Advertisement channel (more often) that was established in the Prominence Discord server and encourage more businessmen to advertise there.

• Press Coverage - Secondly, my plans regarding press would be to have monthly overall reviews. Where we sum up things that happened during the previous month. My second is to stay up to date with the QOTD and another is to have more press reports on important issues facing the district.

• Council Sessions - Thirdly, I plan to have the District’s Clerk office work with the District Council on scheduling and finding more suitable times of when a council session can be hosted with more attendance from the District Council. This will allow more speedy sessions to prosper.

• Legislation - As far as legislation goes, my plan is to review any legislation (along with my District Attorney) that needs an overhaul or review and to look for any outdated legislation.

• Prominence Library - Regarding the Prominence Library, I plan to establish a slide where it has a bio/portfolio for Prominence municipal officials where it talks about them and their position within the district. So that citizens and residents can know more about their officials and what they do.

Conclusion

When the Executive Team is nominated and ends up doing absolutely nothing in the long run, you kinda just spit in the public’s face. A Mayor is responsible for the work ethic of his administration. You give what you put into it.

My final message is that there are things for people to do. You just need someone with an open mind. You don’t have to have an administration or a government filled with rank sitters. You just need a Mayor who can think outside of the box. Someone who speaks for radical change. A Mayor who will actually lead the government. I do promise that my administration will be productive, more transparent, and more interactive/connected with the community.

I know that many of you are concerned with my “lack of experience” however I think for 4 months as a District Councilman is enough for me to see what needs to be done and what needs to be improved. Thank you for reading my message.

3 Likes

I support and endorse this candidate.

3 Likes

support since he got a cool gfx

3 Likes

okay so just a few topics then ill decide if i support or not

1. During ur term you only have had one bill, its not a big deal itself so i wont give you much crap ab it. but just from an overview, how do we know you will remain active considering you didnt do much legislative wise

2. what executive office experience do you have?

3. what do you have plans for the executive office, any removals or noms?

4. what makes you believe youre a better fit compared to more experienced runners?

2 Likes

Support

3 Likes
  1. I actually was active and was one of the very few who actually tried to do their job. Throughout my term I have reached out to the public on forums to see what they would like changed or what ideas they may have for the district. Want proof?
    carIockss, District Councilman Q&A
    Ideas for the District of Prominence

2. This is my first time running for an Executive Office.

3. I actually plan to remove everyone and have a fresh start and probably host a job fair. Just because of the widespread inactivity within the office. If those who currently hold any positions within the office are interested in keeping their position they will be a top priority or would likely be more considered.

4. I believe I should be considered more because I have an actual plan for the district and have a clear vision of what I intend to do.

3 Likes

i mean not to throw shade even if dude wasn’t very active is it any worse than the current prom administration

2 Likes

2 Likes

ill support

3 Likes

2 Likes

2 Likes

support

3 Likes

2 Likes

2 Likes

Support.

3 Likes