Car Wash Update - LEO

Curious why LEO vehicles are not affected by the dirt update since you technically can drive all around county finding a criminal and not getting affected by it and it seems unfair for criminals only to be affected since realistically LEO cars have to be washed too.

Dirt resets once a new LEO car is spawned (Basically it has to rebuild up dirt from a new car spawn)

TL;DR: unfair for criminals, have LEO vehicles be affected by the dirtiness of vehicle too - dirt resets if car respawned

And heart to support don’t comment please

12 Likes

be happy you got an update…

4 Likes

doesn’t affect me so it would not matter for me anyways furthermore its a suggestion

3 Likes

LEO cars are already bulletproof and stronger than civ cars. Maybe LEO cars could get dirty over a very long period of time?

I think the reason that this wasn’t added is because dept cars aren’t ‘saved’ in the same sense as civ cars. You can tell because if you respawn a dept car it’ll be back at full gas, whereas fuel in civ cars will save even if you respawn or go to another server.

6 Likes

I’m no scripter but idk if you can save it due to you not actually owning it. Like civ cars are on your database and save, but leo cars aren’t. Again I’m no scripter but that’s what I think

4 Likes

I don’t wish for the dirt to save. It should reset every new car you spawn. Sorry if my first message was unclear.

3 Likes

I feel it would potentially be a waste of time to add it to law enforcement/public employee vehicles as some are likely to just respawn their car instead of washing it.

Although, maybe in v3 if you were only able to spawn 1 vehicle since they’re a lot more difficult to flip over or get stuck somewhere, it may be feasible.

4 Likes

They can just copy the dirt map from the civilian cars and place it on the LEO cars and not make it save I believe.

3 Likes

Yeah, they probably could but that’s not why I said it could be a waste of time. What’s the point in adding a feature if most officers/public employees will just respawn their vehicles instead of cleaning them?

It doesn’t really make the most sense to add it.

3 Likes

it would look stupid

4 Likes

I mean you could make that same argument for gas? We could just respawn our cars but most of the time we still refuel them. /shrug

3 Likes

make it so when dirt builds up, it blinds your vision to drive and it blurs the screen when you get in

3 Likes

the dirt is on your car not in your eyes

3 Likes

windshield

3 Likes

I don’t really understand how it’s unfair for criminals. The only disadvantage criminals have is if an LEO reports “Suspect is in a really dirty vehicle”. And it isn’t necessarily unfair since if a criminal cleans their vehicle shortly after the report was made then the chances are, LEOs wont be paying attention to the clean vehicle.

3 Likes

I don’t think the dirt even effects the performance of the vehicle so I don’t see how its unfair to criminals that our vehicles don’t get dirty.

3 Likes

this would be a pain in the ass cause DOC tahoes would never get a chance to clean themselves unless a car wash was added in greendale

3 Likes

To be fair all dirt map on all vehicles already look stupid considering in real life it’d be kind of difficult for dirt to cake up on the roof of the vehicle, usually only siderunners or the bumpers

3 Likes

It affects the cars by consuming more gas

3 Likes

You can say that for a leo car too, they can just wash it

3 Likes