Car suggestions put into 1 post minus the complaining

I am making this post to attempt to put everyone’s issues with the cars into 1 thing to help out Lidels. This post is not so much about bugs with the cars and more about little stuff that would help the vehicles without just complaining. I also will not be requesting anything gets removed, I understand stuff that is there is probably going to stay. Cars are obviously very important to Stapleton County and are the very first thing people criticize about v3 and it does not look like Lidels is getting very helpful criticism and it is putting a lot more pressure on him than there needs to be. If I miss anything please put it in the comments.

Models
The models overall are very impressive. The main issue right now and it was the same in V2, the hit box to open doors is very small and it makes it unnecessary difficult. With the doors actually opening in V3 missing the door handle is a lot more annoying but of course not huge deal when entering cars. Getting out of a car though is a little too overwhelming(if that is the right word). Lets say i’m a cop on the highway and I have my seat belt on so i don’t crash and die. And then suddenly i’m getting shot at by a dude up the road through my front wind shield! Now I have to take my seat belt off, try to open my car door and hope I don’t miss the smallest hit box in the world and jump out. There has to be something to make getting out of cars just slightly easier. To add on to this, in real life you obviously know if your seat belt is on because you can feel it but in V3 it isn’t that obvious and in the heat of something big you might forget that you didn’t have it on accidentally put it on and have to take it back off or something.
So actual suggestions to fix this stuff:
Maybe have the hit box to open a door on the handle but just a little bigger so it has easier accessibility and having a hit box inside the car as well to help when closing doors. With the seat belt thing, obviously a lot of it will get easier with practice but the whole point is RP so if its harder to get out of a car in a video game than real life there might be something that needs a change. I asked about maybe seat belts automatically coming off when you hit space like you hit B before space and Lidels didn’t like that idea so maybe door opening automatically when you jump after you took your seat belt off and maybe that’s coming already and I don’t know about it? Lastly, maybe add some kind of indicator that tells you your seat belt is on, hearing people talk about they cant get out their car every other message in FS disc is pretty annoying.

Another thing is you can get in and out of cars without opening doors in some cars and this is more of a bug so ill stop here.
(example: https://gyazo.com/370895e043704c6605b2f0e267c7d891)

Driving/Handling
Overall driving the new cars just doesn’t feel good and Lidels has actively been working on it and that’s obvious if you look in #general at what he has been posting. Vehicle specific handling is something I don’t really expect to change much until way later but all the cars feel way too similar to drive. Anyone that has drove different cars in real life know that they have a different feel to them even though their both just cars. Examples: Tahoes just shouldn’t accelerate as fast as a Charger and they both feel really light when driving them. A lot of this is also ROBLOX so ill just shut up about that part of it. The only other issue that was being brought up a lot is turning. ROBLOX lag obviously plays a big part in this but there are things that can change to help with this for sure. Personally I don’t think the steering speed should be the same 24/7 like it seems like it is right now. If you’re going fast you should be able to turn very much unless you drift, and you should be able to turn completely when going slower. Could also try the turning speed increasing after you hold it for so long(literally like .3 seconds) The reason I say this is because the problem is how difficult it is to make very little movements. The suspension for the cars seems a little too loose as well.

In conclusion,
The cars look very nice but the mechanics just need to be touched up a bit. This post was to help put all the problems into a post instead of all the random mentions, and probably DMs as well complaining about hoW BaD ThE CaRs ArE. If I forgot something because i’m a little dumbo sometimes put it in the comments. He is obviously working very hard and I am genuinely appreciative of the work that has been done so far.

:slight_smile:

4 Likes