CaptainCrosslay and Sharkfish82 for Governor

so what are y’all actually planning on doing

10 Likes

Your comment is very one-sided. Unfortunately being the director of a service academy is a very thankless position. I continue to work very closely with the administration of FFA and I can attest that a lot goes on behind the scenes.

It’s certainly not a direct shift or clear shift into being governor, but what is? There aren’t any positions that necessarily compare to what you are required to do as the governor.

5 Likes

W paralegal
L FFA director

2 Likes

you say that things go on behind the scenes - except can you really prove it? if you want the public to trust that crosslay is running his department sufficiently, then show us

being a department director can be a thankless position - but why the fuck continue to do it if it is? if life gives you lemons, you make lemonade (or, in cave johnson’s words, “when life gives you lemons, don’t make lemonade. Make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don’t want your damn lemons! What am I supposed to do with these? DEMAND to see life’s manager. Make life rule the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons! Do you know who I am? I’m the man who’s gonna burn your house down with the lemons!”

(i’ve been playing portal 2)

thats what i want

ok bye

2 Likes

also - besides my lemon rant - he still hasn’t said anything

nothing

nada

not applicable

no plans

what the fuck do i work with here?

3 Likes

I was out all night I’ll respond to your ‘rant’ later

4 Likes

i keep coming up with words so im going to say them

idk another equally difficult ce position? dude he has no political experience (besides impeachment trials)

you cant make that false equivalency because its not right in the slightest (hence the “false” in false equivalency (im getting bored))

3 Likes

How will your Administration combat the current sexist views of some of the State’s Cabinet and Sub-Cabinet offices?

4 Likes

support

3 Likes

right hello,

Although you are not wrong that I do not have the political experience, I have served in many other ro-state sectors, most predominantly the fire/ems service, and law enforcement. My stunt as a district councilor was simply to try something new and the city government was something that just was not fun. Having the ability to serve on the cabinet since September of 2020 allowed me to see the workings of the Government. Although my position, to you, is low level, I was able to serve different committees such as the public safety reform (dps restructure) where we worked to find a common ground and set a different structure of the department and their jobs. (iirc this occurred in 2021). I also serve the medical oversight and training committees (both of which are used on an as needed basis).

In terms of me ‘making the department worse’, I don’t really see it that way when change has been on-going since taking the job in 2021. Some miniscule examples is automation, new firefighter certification exam, policy revamp, and the ‘guide project’ which is being worked on by the Deputy Director and I in hopes of helping fresh department members to get setup correctly.

I apologize, these plans were preliminary thoughts. Some additional plans that we were formulating was continuing to work with the CCJ on getting more competent judges on the bench, which does not seem to be a problem.

Although I have not heard much about department head inactivity, I will look into complaints that are submitted. My personal beliefs were having an in-game quota for your Secretary/Director/other terms here, if your job is mostly administrative, a in-game quota won’t really do much. I have also went through the era of every Governor thinking cabinet reports are useful (they aren’t) so we do not plan to bring those back. What we do plan on bringing back is cabinet meetings (which were always fun with hecxtro, daunt, jacky, and tower) and actually look into issues that are presented to us.

Public Relations is also a huge thing in Firestone within the past two years, thus we think a ‘press corps’ of some kind would be a neat idea to bring into the state government. This would be lead by the press secretary who would release statements or talks about any major issue going on within the state and allows for the news outlets to do the same thing. Although it won’t just be news outlets that can ask questions regarding issues, there will also be a comment form of some kind that the Governor and my staff would have access to. Along with the beforementioned ideas regarding the corps, bi-weekly press releases of some kind will be released regarding what actually is happening behind closed doors.

I left a very vague response on the Department of Commerce so I’ll explain it more here. Sharkfish and I take pride within our private sector in Firestone. These business are what starts multiple people out in Firestone, which is why we plan to award these business for the work that they do. We won’t just help out the monopolies (sorry @Faachiano) but the nuclei business that are looking to get started. This can be done by actually getting their business out there and providing a cool business strategy. When picking the strategy it’s important to spin it towards what Firestone people actually want that serves some sort of purpose or has cool vehicles (cgf/food trucks).

Yes, I ‘tried’ to demote a CTO for issuing an activity strike against his own partner (the same rank as him) and his reasoning behind not getting approval from the directors is that ‘it wouldn’t have happened’. This was an incident behind closed doors that lead to multiple arguments and it was dropped. The decision to demote was not based off of just an activity strike but other actions that I’m not going to get into over forums. Although this was an isolated incident (yes other actions could have been taken) he was let off with a strict reprimanding that would allow us to prevent this from happening in the future.

“FFA DD wierdo25 attempted to violate the rights of an employee and the sitting governor knowingly allowed it to happen. Thankfully director crosslay stepped in before any harm was done”

“Crosslay was ultimately the person to tell the deputy director to stop.”

These are your words, not mine.

Going back again, I never actually had access to these trello boards (sym did) I just got called by him and then added to the group chat. This chat I didn’t think it was that serious until the dps boards got mentioned. Sym’s offer for the boards to go back was that the Secretary (kam iirc) changes his discord pfp to the LGBTQ+ flag. Although many people think that this is simply ridiculous it was a way for him to get his boards back. I did not support Sym’s actions (as seen during my trial p.s. thanks cherry) but, I also did not want Sym to go ballistic so I said what I thought could get the boards back)

My track record springs mainly from low level offenses, with the exception of my impeachment which was messed up from the start. I believe I can be confidently put into office because I’m aware of many aspects of how this office would work. Serving in many aspects of the National Guard I have gotten to see different areas of how the National Guard operates, which would allow me to be a better CIC and assist NGB with what they would need. Serving on the Cabinet allows for me to judge what I wanted to see from the Governors that I had worked under and put that into action.

You can say that yes I know how to get what I want, but it also doesn’t involve an endless battle (me and you have had plenty). If I don’t like someone, something, or an Idea I will speak out about it. I’m not the most politically experienced muchacho but I have ideas that can be executed.

Regardless if you trust me or not, I hope this cleared the air on some of the issues mentioned.

5 Likes

Discrimination and views are completely different things. I cannot change someone’s personal views, but I can stop them from being used as a direct response/reasoning behind an action (ffa chloe incident). Everyone gets their first harsh reprimand (and if dps thinks policy was violated they can go after it). Should these views continue to turn to discrimination removal will be on the table.

if there is an actual discrimination or workplace rights violations then it will 100% be looked into.

speaking of removal, should cabinet members just choose to sit around and be a position holder without doing any sort of work, they would be removed. This does not mean were going in to purge the entire cabinet as everyone is operating fine, however, they will be held to a standard.

3 Likes

view here

2 Likes

Top tier ffa director, support and gl

6 Likes

:snowflake:
5char

4 Likes

Crosslay already addressed most of your concerns, but just gonna add on a little bit here from my personal experience.

Being a thankless position isn’t necessarily a bad thing, I was just pointing out that most of the work you do doesn’t get highlighted. The public, to no fault of their own, doesn’t care much about what’s going on in the FFA administration compared to everything else going on in this state. Curriculum rewrites, staffing problems, and constant innovation to keep up with the evolving nature of Fire/EMS are just some of the issues that Crosslay has dealt successfully with as Director.

Crosslay was honestly my rock when he served as Deputy Director during the later half of my service as FFA Director. He often provided a voice of reason and was able to help me guide the academy through some rough patches. I have no doubt he’ll be able to lead this state, and what he lacks for in governmental experience he can certainly make up for with his fierce commitment, leadership skills, and intelligence.

2 Likes

I have but one question, specifically for the gubernatorial candidate.

You, CaptainCrosslay, are notorious for expressing your disapproval of the State of Firestone (particularly in #general and public voice channels) constantly. You obviously have little to no care or regard for the state, and you’ve repeatedly made that clear.

So tell me, why the change of heart? Is there actually a change of heart, or do you plan to use this office for publicity?

6 Likes

my hate for firestone is the game it self, not the government. I have no tolerance for a handfull of people who run the state but that doesn not mean i dont ‘care’ about the government functions.

my opinions have not changed about firestone, and no i don’t plan to use the governor role for publicity when I have already been able to use my position for it.

2 Likes

So tell me:

Your hate for Firestone is only for the game, despite this proof above (specifically the 2nd screenshot) which proves otherwise?

7 Likes

you are using the top screenshot without context (i was accused of having an exploiter alt)

what is the bottom screenshot trying to prove that ‘i dont care’. caleb it is a statement regarding the game in general

6 Likes

Crosslay, I cannot make it clearer than the following:
For the bottom screenshot, as a result of someone asking your thoughts on the government, you respond with “firestone should shutdown”.

Are you saying that this statement has no correlation to your feelings about the Firestone government??

I’m not trying to capitalize on minor factors here, and I do believe you’d be a good executive candidate considering your Cabinet experience… but there are questions that need answers.

6 Likes