Canines Rant Part 3 - Armed Forces

Peaceful in terms of military, as in not at war or any major threats of a war coming.

1 Like

Yes, we would love to see have more things to do! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Give rangers cooler stuff and more shit to do, more jurisdiction. Give CG more shit too

3 Likes

Who cares about a functioning military if we have no laws?

1 Like

I don’t agree with this post for several reasons. For starters, FNG recruitment just isn’t great. The department receives just as many applicants as departments like FSP, SCSO, and DOT. Opening up new divisions have been proven to be detrimental to the wellbeing of other divisions within the department. When Rangers opened up, Infantry lost a significant amount of staff. Infantry has not seen much improvement in terms of staff count. We continue to open up new divisions without peaking our existing divisions in terms of staff count, training, activity, etc. It’s illogical to expand without reaching full potential. Until I see Infantry, Coast Guard, Military Police, and maybe Rangers at its best, I won’t be supporting ANG and the establishment of any new unit within FNG.

5 Likes

For sure agreeing with this statement. From someone who has had years of Roblox milsim experience this is way too true. You’ll have like 14 4 stars, 20 or so 3 stars and like 15 people from E2 to E9b and 200+ E1 personnel. And those 3 stars are even more rank hungry to get that 4th star added and its all hell.

1 Like

just use ur unnecessary position designed to ensure you had a job after your term was over to rain hell upon FNG until they change

2 Likes

hey somebody actually recognized cg

1 Like

i agree. and on the topic of rangers, they should be involved in counter terrorism operations, not driving around like CRT does and looking for domestic crimes

3 Likes

uh oh

2 Likes

My plans for the Firestone National Guard mainly are to do with V3, hence why you haven’t seen any ‘major’ changes to the department in the public eye. Most of the ideas brought up here I agree with however they are on the bottom of the todo list since I simple can’t set up the Air National Guard or reopen the Coast Guard until V3 comes out since both of those divisions are lacking in technology.

Disclaimer, this was knocked up when I was tired therefore some shit might not actually make sense. I seriously can’t be arsed to proof read this, plus I got other shit to get on with.

Member Count

At the moment, FNG is lacking in the amount of members because lets be real, who wants to join a department and have activity requirements set in place to protect an abandoned fucking town + an unfinished base. V2 was the downfall for FNG, we’ve had little to no action apart from State of Emergencies & some very short deployments.

My hope is that by the time V3 comes around the corner, our technology will begin to attract members again. Plus in our spare time, I have plans set in place for a lot of in county activities such as regular supply convoys, combat exercises and public relations activities.

Air National Guard

Every time ANG gets brought up, there is always some relation to FSP:ASU. In no shape or form are we attempting to make ASU useless, they have a big responsibility of their own. I’m not going to continuously repeat myself on this so if you’re really interested, look at my previous comments on ANG in other threads.

Coast Guard

I’ll admit in saying the Coast Guard was neglected. The General Staff simply couldn’t afford to keep operations running for CG when they served no other purpose than doing the exact same job as MP with the unlikely event of them getting called out on the water. Coast Guards operations were suspended by myself because of the lack of proper activity requirements & purpose. It was a team of 10+ CG that could choose when they wanted to go on-duty, making it unfair on the other divisions such as MP who had the exact same job as CG was doing but had activity requirements to meet.

What if CG added activity requirements? I still don’t see the point in re implementing a division that’s primary focus is a pond that no one ever goes on because there are no civilian boats and suicide is FRP. You might get the odd fucker accidentally slipping off a bridge however I am not reopening a division just for that unlikely scenario. Who knows, civilians might organise a ‘National Jump off the 401 Day’ but that’s not going to happen every day.

There is a lot planned for CG in V3, they’re not totally forgotten about. They will also be conducting training exercises alongside the rest of FNG and ANG in V3 due to the county being an island with water surrounding it instead of an inshore puddle.

Currently in the Works

I don’t normally go public on this sort of stuff and I normally just keep it within a small team but I will reveal on what is currently in the works. At the moment we got two major projects on the go:

Operation Rework
At the moment we’re currently in the process of reworking our FITE curriculum and reintroducing old tactics and methods that were once taught in V1. The skill in our guardsmen throughout V2 has over time been decreasing, we’ve always been aware of it but the initial attempt of reopening FITE and allowing ITC to redo the curriculum didn’t help.

I won’t go in detail on what exactly we’re changing but what I can say is it will be more practical compared to theory. Being trained on stuff physically instead of going through text is easier and it is more likely to be drilled into your head.

Operation Justice
(I am really creative with names, I know.)

One of the main problems we’ve faced as a department over the course of V2 is the courts and congress becoming a huge deal. In V1, there was barely any of that and FNG was allowed to use military use of force. Operation Justice is bringing in Military Law and the Military Courts. We’re currently still researching the UCMJ and creating bills. With the UCMJ coming into play, it allows us to create new things such as the Use of Military Force (UMF). There are a lot of things that will be added with the UCMJ but I will not be talking about them until they’re properly researched and implemented.

8 Likes

With the state of v2 currently, FNG has very little to do other than act as a glorified tactical team for LEOs. War is extremely rare if not obsolete by now. With the exception of two dev events in October, there aren’t any natural disasters or major incidents for us to respond to. As far as skill goes, current game mechanics do not allow for it. RCL guns with long third person zoom makes for extremely unrealistic gunfighting. In order to fix FNG, there are alot of dev related issues which must be fixed. Namely shooting and guns for one. Additionally, we would need more major disasters such as wildfires, floods (after all, v3 will consist of islands), and possibly even hurricanes. That way, this organization would be more worthy of joining and morale would be raised. You can only go so far with recruitment. I’m all for new ideas and concepts such as ANG, but without dev or founder support, then such moves would not be made possible.

1 Like

Oh shit I forgot my development ideas!

Development Ideas

Mainly aimed towards the developers. Please listen to us when you’re developing stuff for us. We appreciate the work you do and I am amazed by the amount of interaction letting us have, especially @Celastrino @JohnAvia @anon54114525 . I appreciate it all.

Gun Fights

Gun Crime is a big factor within the state, in V3 theres other things that civilians can do but there will still be a lot of gun crime. The only shame with this is it lasts seconds. There is never a huge shootout scenario or a standoff and that affects FNG a lot. This is my opinion on it but others may have a different opinion. Can we reduce the damage of the weapons so shootouts last longer? This also helps laggy players since if you’re lagging and someone shoots you, you’re not able to react quick enough since theres a lag spike. It also means that after a shootout, theres more chance of a mass casualty event since more people would be injured and not necessarily killed.

Making shootouts last longer means that criminals will need to plan out their attacks more carefully. Do they want to injure a large amount of civilians or do they want to focus attacks on certain individuals. It also means that in order to win a gun fight you’ve either got to be more skilled with your shots or you got to have the man advantage (more men shooting one person). This also allows officers to fire their distress signal and state they’re pinned down and need assistance.

Ideas regarding FNG

I know near to all ideas were forwarded to developers but can FNG have more placeable objects such as:

• Chemlights
  • Concrete barriers (for checkpoints)
  • Deployable tents (camps/command posts)
  • Sandbags
    These will all be used for future FNG operations, strict policy would be put in place. Maybe the last 3 objects will have to be collected out of a cargo vehicle instead of putting it in our inventory. That’ll mean we will have to bring cargo vehicles along with us during operations.
4 Likes

Mr. Secretary,
As you mentioned the National Guard was designed to be a part-time QRF (Quick Reaction Force).

The members of the guard are trained to react quickly to major situations in and around the state within a moment’s notice.

I can guarantee you that if I place an alert out for troops to mobile within 2-10 minutes I will have about 5 (or more depending on the time and day) soldiers in game and on team.

This organization is obviously modeled after the Army National Guard in the United States of America. When you join up with that organization you agree to do: one weekend a month and two weeks a year. This allows for the members to have several occupations: For instance be a private practice attorney until the guard is deployed and then serve as a Staff Judge Advocate for the 3rd Infantry Regiment during the deployment.

This brings me back to my first point: besides the general officers this organization is an all-volunteer-part-time force.

With this if we were to change it to an full-time force I would not be surprised if we lost at least two thirds of the available man power within the organization due to competition between departments (or in some instances supervisors in FSP or SCSO being forced between being a lower ranked Private and a Sergeant in the State Patrol). While this could be considered a power move it is the ugly truth of the matter.

Therefore, I think it would be extremely detrimental to the readiness of the guard to change it from a part-time force to a full-time force.

Additionally, as Maj. General Hobo said: I am working with the Maj. General and Brig. General Strife to bring positive changes to certain areas of the guard.

This includes: reworking the FITE curriculum taught to new soldiers and working to establish the Judge Advocate General’s Corps.

Thus far the plan is to propose to congress the establishment of the Uniformed Code of Military Justice (based on 10 U.S.C. §§ 801 - 964a). In this I have surveyed the legal community and over 10 lawyers are willing to help make this dream a reality.

If it does become a reality I foresee a lawyer being assigned to each division (to provide legal advice to the chain of command of the unit) along with a small unit made to just defend the department (and its employees) in the courts of law and another small unit acting as neutral Internal Affairs Adjudicators in proceedings dubbed a “court martial”.

Of course these ideas are only in their infancy however I look forward to working with you in the future on possibly making these changes, and more, a reality.

In closing Mr. Secretary, we in the guard are adapting to the times just as the human body does to the changes in stress to it’s body. In this we are, like the human body, current adjusting our jaw length to make up for the increase in the use of processed foods.

Thank you for everything that you do,

1superchris2
Chief Military Judge
Lieutant Colonel
Firestone National Guard

download

(cc @Hobo_Bear )

3 Likes

I feel like ANG, Coast Guard and NG in general has a lot of potential. So why not give them more jobs, and jobs in V3 than to stand around in base?

NG in general can respond to disasters, a major incident regarding a government official, and severe violence (just like when the NG deployed to Baltimore).

In v3, there should be a port, and a river where the Coast Guard can guard both and surrounding areas. Coast Guard does S&R, Maritime Security and more.

ANG can transport guardsmen around the map, or even help local and military police search for criminals.

Basing off the Ranger idea that Canine gave, it should have a job that when a situation is out of hand and guardsmen already responded, Rangers could respond also but to a point. For example, the NG set up a checkpoint at CD and a heavily armed group opened fire (obviously not realistic based off the current status of V2), Rangers could show up in support with more gear, along with CRT.

Just like the ASVAB in the US, (Armed Services Vocational Aptitude Battery), a similar concept should be in place than just having applications for FITE release every 3 months. There will be people saying “oh that can be abused, or requirements?” or something similar. The ASVAB is used to determine qualification for entrance to the Armed Forces, and obviously if you pass, you go to training. @Hobo_Bear

I, personally, am interested in joining NG. I would like to see ideas implemented that will not further help NG, but people interested in.

casuaIIIy
Congress Member

1 Like

No hate to my criminal brothers or LEOs but honestly criminals are not smart enough to do planned out stuff (me included). My friend iiSpaceCadet tried to do a planned attack and we had like 17 normal and usual criminal and all 17 criminals were told to DRIVE LEGALLY TO DOC yet only 3 people actually listened to her and rest basically got demolished by CRT and IO because they got pulled over for reckless driving, speeding, etc since they had multiple reckless driving citations they got yetted into DOC by B_ear

5 Likes

Well I mean they did plan to go to DOC didn’t they?

Just a different way to get there…

I mean this in a joking way.

Without everyone here (criminals included) this state would not be able to function for 24 hours.

So thank you to everyone for what you do!

8 Likes

Besides the frpers and rammers

2 Likes

Thank you, I needed that laugh.

1 Like

I’ve done research on this for the USCPF After The Flash group as if my word holds any weight there since I’m not an NCO yet. Here’s the 2019 UCMJ for you to rip off.
DM for details.

ALSO I WANT TO BE A MILITARY LAWYER

JAG! JAG! JAG! JAG!

1 Like