CanadlanLaw & AestheticallyHappy for Governor - "Ignite the Future"

CANADLANLAW AND AESTHETICALLYHAPPY
FOR GOVERNOR

CAMPAIGN DISCORD: https://discord.gg/J3eFyh9dWt

ABOUT US

I, CanadlanLaw, am officially announcing my campaign for Governor of the State of Firestone alongside former Governor AestheticallyHappy as Lieutenant Governor. As candidates in this election, we are excited to be your next Governor and Lieutenant Governor and to enact our agenda.

CanadlanLaw: For years, many have questioned why I haven’t once run for Governor. I’ve decided to wait until now to run for Governor because now I am certain I can serve the citizens to the best of my ability, with years of accumulated knowledge, expertise, and rapport in the community, I am objectively the best-suited member of the State to ascend to this role and take on the responsibility of Chief Executive. I am the most successful Speaker of the House in recent history, leading the most active chamber in the past few years, maintaining a position as one of the top legislators in Congress, and passing a wide range of important legislation. I’ve visited foreign entities, led the best law firm in the State, amassed extreme public support, and now I am ready to become Governor.

AestheticallyHappy: Having run an extremely successful Governor term, County Executive Term, and now President pro tempore term, I am ready to become Lieutenant Governor and lead the upper chamber of Congress. My experience speaks for itself, with one of, if not the most impressive resumes in the State of Firestone. With a proven track record and the prowess necessary to co-lead Congress, I am one of, if not the best choice for Lieutenant Governor in this race. I am confident that CanadlanLaw and I will make history as two successful members of the Governor’s office.
[/details]

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

II. CABINET

Many individuals have raised concerns about the current cabinet of the State of Firestone, justified concerns that need to be addressed. Unfortunately, the current state of politics is that people are given special privileges based on how “OG” they are or how close they are to the decision-makers. A system that thrives on favoritism and complacency shall be no more once we are elected.

We will host a mandatory in-game cabinet meeting every month to address concerns the Office of the Governor may have with departments and their performance. These in-game cabinet meetings, which would mandate the attendance of the department head or deputy department head, would coherently update the Office of the Governor on the state of the executive branch, and allow the Governor to set an agenda for these departments for the next two months.

Departments under the purview of the Governor will also be mandated to produce a bi-weekly report, though it need not be lengthy, on several key aspects of their department such as events, activity, and anything else they may find relevant. The point of these reports is not to be busy work, and so if there is nothing relevant that can be said, then the reports will be kept short so to not waste people’s time over a game.

In the middle of the term, I will host a public town hall which will be streamed and attendable by the public where the department heads, or a representative they select, will sit down with the Governor and Congressional Leaders and inform the public of their operations, their plans, and listen to their questions.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

III. FOREIGN POLICY

I am extremely satisfied with Secretary CrusinThomas, who picked up the job following the disgraceful exit of EvayLaws. Although CrusinThomas has only recently reentered the community as Secretary of State, I intend to work closely with him to strengthen relations with Vancouver and nUSA, as well as potentially establish relations with groups such as Harrison County, Mayflower, and Broadview. This is all based on speculation and is unfortunately restricted by the Founder, but an effort will be made to open contact with FederalLaw so that we can expand relations.

In the matter of Ridgeway, although they are currently suffering from exigent circumstances (game shutdown), if they are revived, their conduct in waging a wholly unjustified war on the State of Firestone and our allies will be addressed. Whether that be diplomatically or through other means shall be publicly conveyed (instead of secretly handled).

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

IV. NATIONAL GUARD

I intend to give the National Guard a more active role in the State of Firestone. This will be primarily through in-game roleplay events. Recruiting events, parades, and convoys will be my primary tools to give the National Guard more to do and a more enjoyable experience.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

V. JUDICIAL BRANCH

Although several incidents with the judiciary have been extremely concerning, including but not limited to a lack of impartiality, mistrials, and inactivity, as a whole, they have been operating at a sufficient level to keep the government afloat. However, I believe the judiciary must be expanded, with the assistance of the Chief Court Justice, to address extreme backlogs in cases and prepare for the county and municipal courts. I intend to take full advantage of the power to nominate to the courts to add members to the District Court and work with the Chief Court Justice to address my concerns.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

VI. IN GAME EVENTS

As we’ve seen in prior terms, in-game events from the Office of the Governor have a direct correlation to in-game activity and constituent satisfaction. I do not intend to deviate from this model. Whether it be through the town halls or national guard convoys, meetings with businesses, seasonal events, or even impromptu community fun, I plan to have a large presence in the game that will hopefully revive Stapleton County.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

VII. BUSINESSES

Businesses in Firestone serve as one of the main sources of activity and therefore, will continue to be a high priority of the Governor’s office. Taking inspiration from prior Governor’s, we will continue to use businesses as the primary contact for in-game events and presence. Whether it be through visiting during in-game shifts, contracting businesses during crises, or co-hosting events with them, we will not forget businesses as they will be a core foundational building block of our term’s succcess.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

VIII. FINAL WORDS

I’ve been in this community and this genre for a long time now. I’ve made friends and I’ve made enemies. I’ve been involved in the political scene for over 6 years now, with double digit terms on my resume and some of the most important legislation and movements the group has seen. However, in these years, I’ve witnessed the decline of a prosperous group to a group that settles on mediocrity. I’ve seen aspirational leaders become replaced with complacent position hoggers. If I did not genuinely believe that I was the best person for this position, I would not be running. I fear for the future of this group if we continue to make the same mistakes over and over again. Without electing CanadlanLaw and AestheticallyHappy, I find it hard to have confidence that whoever is elected will enact the necessary changes and address the issues that others have been too scared to address.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

“The dirt that they threw on my name turned to soil and I grew up out it, time for y’all to figure out what y’all gon do about it.” - 𓅓

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

EXPERIENCE

CanadlanLaw:

Speaker of the House,
Speaker pro tempore,
Representative,
Senator,
Deputy Secretary of State

AestheticallyHappy:

Governor,
County Executive,
President pro tempore,
Chief of Staff,
Senator,
County Chairman,
RPD Lieutenant

Respectfully,
CanadlanLaw

21 Likes

4 Likes

Support & Endorsed (first)

/s/ b_aconxv
County Chairman
Good friend
Former Chief of Staff

4 Likes

Support and endorsed

4 Likes

I support!!

4 Likes

Support and endorsed

3 Likes

support and endorsed

• campaign manager
  • canadlan (francine)’s dad
4 Likes

support and endorsed

4 Likes

Support & endorsed

4 Likes

support

5 Likes

Dude who is this guy? I heard he weighs 325 pounds. Support I guess…

5 Likes

suppoort

4 Likes

JOIN THE CAMPAIGN SERVER:

2 Likes

Support and endorse

3 Likes

i do NOT support

5 Likes

Dont support :smirk_cat:

3 Likes

what an interesting fella,

supported and endorsed!

6 Likes

It is my honor to endorse and support this fine individual. Was an blast to work with you in congress I am excited to see what you bring to the Governor’s Office.

ScottMcAllister
Prominence District Police, Chief of Police
Former Congressman
Former District Councilman

3 Likes

Support easy win

3 Likes

YOU GO GIRL!!! YOU ARE BEAUTIFUL, YOU ARE STRONG. SHOW THOSE PATRIARICAL MEN WHAT A GIRL CAN DO!!! YOU ARE A BOSS, A QUEEN, BIG AND BEAUTIFUL!!! DON’T LET THOSE HATERS TAKE YOU DOWN!!!

SUPPORT THIS QUEEN!!! #GIRLBOSS #GIRLPOWER #BLESSED

6 Likes