Bring back the Department of Defense?

So basically it would be a DPS 2.0. But then again, DPS has a bad reputation already, so, imagine DOD. No support on my end. I don’t think it’s necessary to be extra about it. I don’t think extra oversight is needed on those departments.

6 Likes

Let’s be honest, only reason it has a bad reputation is because all they do is give out punishments, it is the same as any other Internal Affairs division, everyone hates them. But it does not mean they are not useful.

4 Likes

FNG, DHS, FBI and any potential DOD subordinates have highly functional IA, there is a reason dod was shut down

11 Likes

Yes, I can see a lot of opportunities that would make Firestone much more diverse on what people are interested in.

4 Likes

how is adding a department that has zero use going to make firestone much more diverse

8 Likes

Not true, DPS is frowned upon for many reasons. If you’re wondering, check this out

8 Likes

Let me elaborate my point. When people come into Firestone, they like to have a diverse option of government occupations and some people might go outside of the standard police/fire. I think more can be added to DoD then just overseeing FNG, DHS, etc in the near future.

5 Likes

such as

5 Likes

To add on, the Department of Defense isn’t simply a Classified DPS, they plan and coordinate attacks and defenses in case of an emergency and although this is unlikely to happen, it is better to be prepared for when it happens.

3 Likes

I feel that DoD could do more than overseeing departments/planning attacks, such as, exchanging affairs with other defense based departments in other states, and also working with the executive branch of the State of Firestone to provide necessary information that could potentially help them.

5 Likes

Yeah the attack part is completely out of reach.

4 Likes

That was all because of the administration, not the department itself. The duties are fine but how they are being handled is what created the disapproval rate to go up so much. If re-established, the governor will (hopefully) pick someone dedicated to serve as Secretary, and that is willing to make the department better.

4 Likes

This part is already and will be in effect if the Department of Defense is brought back.

I believe this could possibly happen along with the Department of State but this partially does happen already though I think they could go in more depth… Someone from the Department of State can correct me if I’m wrong

4 Likes

The Department of Defense is similar to an advisory board and they cannot fully initiate a war without the Governor & the State Legislature.

4 Likes

@cherrylimons There’s your reply incase you haven’t seen it.

I too agree that the Department of Defense could be re-established with a better usage though this could be debated… I believe it’ll play a bigger role and be more active if re-added.

4 Likes

If I could, may I ask why you disagree?

5 Likes

If I could, may I ask why you disagree as well?

5 Likes

Many things can be changed and we would be glad to work with you to see any problems you’ve seen to ensure that doesn’t happen again.

5 Likes

The National Guard is different from the Department of Defense.

I believe otherwise… The Department of Public Safety’s main job is to investigate wrong doings of departments under them while the Department of Defense would be doing different.

I believe many things can be used to avoid a bad reputation.

I believe the Department of Defense if re-established, it’ll have more of a usage and would be fully different though similar in some ways to the Department of Public Safety. The Department of Public Safety also doesn’t oversee all departments that would be under the Department of Defense.

5 Likes

The Department of Defense, if re-established would play a bigger role in the current situation we’re in for numerous reasons. The State Legislature would also be glad to work with you to counter some of the old problems that resulted in the shutdown of the Department of Defense.

5 Likes