Bill Talk

i will reconsider

Howdy y’all, welcome back to another bill talk with my co host @jasonbourneaxis.

This episode, we will be discussing another noise disturbance bill named: “A Bill to make Disturbing the Peace Illegal”

First, let’s read the definition of this new law: “Disturbing the Peace” shall be classified as making a repeated noise or causing a general disturbance to intentionally disturb an already peaceful area. These areas shall consist of neighborhoods, suburban areas, and minimally populated areas with twenty (20) or less people present.“

Like I have mentioned in a older bill talk, we already have a bill that covers this issue which is “A Bill to Define and make Disorderly Conduct Illegal”. I have even asked the CCJ and he said he would interpret noise disturbance with this bill.

Lastly, let’s discuss the punishment section.

“This legislation shall be classified as a misdemeanor and punishable at a maximum of 100 seconds in State Prison. First time violators of this legislation shall receive a one-hundred-dollar (100) citation. Second time violators shall receive a five-hundred-dollar (500) citation. Third time or further violators shall receive a sentence of one-hundred (100) seconds in State Prison.”

My complaint here which I will almost always have is that there ain’t no choice between arrest or citation which I believe all misdemeanors/felonies should have, it can help officers a lot.

Anyway, all in all, this bill is unneeded and I again recommend congress to fail this bill.

Shark boi out :shark:

Bill link: A Bill to make Disturbing the Peace Illegal

Also on the topic of bills, I do support A Bill to Protect the Restricted Areas and I recommend congress to pass it. I also recommend congress to please define the government gas stations within the restricted areas bill so we can actually arrest the people that enter the area and refuse to leave with an actual arrest time/cite.

1 Like

Just to clarify, you would be fine with someone following you, honking their horn repeatedly. This wouldn’t classify as disorderly conduct…so their isnt anything anyone could do about it.

I legit discussed with the CCJ and he agreed you can classify this as disorderly:

Howdy y’all, 2 bill talks, let’s go.

Today, we look at the A Bill to Define Self-Endangerment and Impeachment of Cabinet Member Blastatack.

First, let’s talk about the self endangerment bill.

Section 1A and 1B are fine but it gets interesting in Section 1C:

“Self-Endangerment can be and is limited to, walking on buildings, standing on the railings of bridges, standing on tall walls or fences.”

Good job, this will now screw over two groups of people. First, this screws over law enforcement as now CRT/SWAT may not get on rooftops/high areas like the railing on Sky bridge to conduct their operation and such. This also screws over private buisnesses and even DOT as they may need to conduct maintenance on buildings as well (granted, they may not happen as often but it still will affect them). There needs to be a clause stating the exceptions to this or this is gonna hurt people just conducting their job.

Next, the punishments.

“Section 2. Self-Endangerment shall be considered a misdemeanor and shall be punishable by no more than an arrest of (350) seconds in state prison, and a maximum fine of five hundred (500) dollars.

Section 2A. First-time violators shall receive no more than a two hundred (200) dollar fine.

Section 2B. After 2 violations, the violator shall be imprisoned for (350) seconds in the Firestone State Prison.

Section 2C. Repeated violations shall consist of punishment of no more than an arrest of (350) seconds in the state prison, and a three hundred (300) dollar fine.”

I have continued to say this and I will still continue to say this, give officers the discretion on what punishment is most needed in the situation. It helps officers greatly and doesn’t hold them back on these first time and second time offenses and etc. I would only possibly support this IF you could tell how many times a person was charge with x crime.

As of now, I suggest not to pass this legislation until it is amended to fix it’s issue at hand.

Now, onto the impeachment.

The reasoning for the impeachment is the following:

“Cabinet member Blastatack shall be impeached from his position as Cabinet for inactivity and failure to discharge duties of his office.”

Ok…, let me look at the evidence.

Oh my god, you are kidding me right? Please tell me you are. He hasn’t sent a press release of a state visit in 9 days. I never knew a department needs to send press releases every week. Guess it’s time to impeach our secretaries for not posting any announcement in the past few days. Also, state visits don’t happen every single day I hope you realize as well as that these documents aren’t written in a flash as it takes quite a few days to organize everything that happened so they make sure they are giving all the info that needs to be released.

Now, the second evidence.

This one I can’t say much for but you realize he can just send them something if they were accepted. I personally don’t want my application results to be released to the public on if I failed or not. If he sent it personally to people, I respect that and makes me happy he cares about the privacy of applications from people.

Overall, I also don’t suggest impeachment for the Secretary of State.

Not that I want to seem like I’m slandering but personally, I feel that the representative is using his new found impeachment powers too quickly. I may understand if he hasn’t posted in a month but then again, you can’t control how often states want to me each other. It’s goes both ways.

Anyways, that’s all for today.

@jasonbourneaxis grab me some chips

2 Likes

I appreciate your concerns but I spoke to several people inside the department telling the department have been extremely inactive for a while. I included some of these screenshots to prove that results or applications was never released. The DoS have been perhaps the most inactive department for a while, and that’s certainly because of leadership.

EDIT:
I understand it may seem like I’m playing with my new “powers”, but that’s not really the case. Originally I planned to propose two amendments first, but I felt this was more important.

I feel this is the state engrossing on private lives unnecessarily, I could understand if it causes a waste of state resources, but if you just want to walk on a wall or fence that’s fine. If you want to jump off the Skyway, why not lol?

1 Like

Amen brother, possible bill of wasting public resources instead of this?? :eyes::eyes::eyes:

1 Like

I know this is late but technically it’s illegal to refuse SCFD’s medical service in any way, so if you commit suicide and SCFD tells you that they want to help and you refuse, you can be arrested.

Wait what

^ (five letters)

elaborate if you don’t mind me asking

According to Recognizing Crimes against the Fire Department:

SECTION 2A: Failure to comply with the Fire Department shall be defined as: refusing to comply with Fire Department personnel when they make a request of you to for the safety of others, themselves, or your own self.

1 Like

WOAH THERE.

So, I can be arrested If I want to die in a RP car crash?

1 Like

Wassup homies, it’s your main gucci style swaggalish boi host Shark and I’m here to talk about A Bill to Define "Criminal Negligence".

Let’s read the definition:
“Criminal Negligence’ shall be defined as the unintentional committing of any criminal acts.”

Hmmmmmmmmmm, this kinda sketchy as what are we considering as criminal acts? Traffic violations? Misdemeanors? Felonies?

Let’s read the next section:

“Criminal Negligence’ shall be considered a misdemeanor and shall be punished by no more than ‘300’ seconds in the Firestone State Prison with some exceptions.”

Before I read off the ones he edited, this legislation says this is for the unintentional commitment of any crime. Basically, one could say “oh he committed unintentional inflicting chaos, kidnapping, coup, treason, etc and make it into a misdemeanor instead of the felony it is. It may seem redundant but you never know if a cop may have personal interest with a certain individual and may give them less (not saying it’s like that but it can happen if this were to pass)

Now, let’s read some of the exceptions:

“Criminal Negligent Homicide’ shall be defined as the unintentional murder of another person. It shall be considered a felony and shall be punished by no more than ‘700’ seconds in the Firestone State Prison”

A: There is already a law called Involuntary Manslaughter that makes this a crime B: This type of law in Firestone is kinda ehh to me cause we have people running into bullets/getting in cross fire on purpose and now that cop is getting punished because they did it. This second one is more of a personal opinion but like I said in A, this is already a law.

“Section 2B. ‘Criminal Negligent Vehicular Assault’ shall be defined as the unintentional assault with a vehicle of a pedestrian. It shall be considered a felony and shall be punished by no more than ‘500’ seconds in the Firestone State Prison”

Again, someone can run into the street, BAM, the car hits them and they didn’t have enough time to react and now this person can be arrested when they couldn’t stop it from happening. This would hurt drivers and be a problem. Also, if a pedestrian runs out, charge them for Obstruction of Traffic but if this was added, now the driver can be punished for it when they really shouldn’t.

“Section 2C. ‘Criminal Negligent Assault’ shall be defined as the unintentional cause of physical harm of another person. It shall be considered a misdemeanor and shall be punishable as defined in Section 2.”

I have never heard of an unintentional assault. Honestly, I have never heard of this in this game. How do I unintentionally whack somebody on the head? Seems redundant honestly.

Overall, I suggest not to pass this legislation

2 Likes

Make a tonight show business about these things.

1 Like

Hmmm not a bad idea

Having negligent tacked on to an offense that requires malicious intent and or hilarious levels of recklessness is a meme