Automatic patrol log system

So, I was thinking about an automatic patrol log system. I have seen it in other games. Basically every time someone gets on team a timer starts running and as soon they get off team or off game the timer stops and it gets logged either to discord or to a trello. Would be useful to automatically fill patrol logs and get patrol time even when you have already finished your patrol quota.

16 Likes

It also would be a great way of ensuring you don’t have rogues get on duty and finding employees involved in an incident. However, I feel like this would have a huge drag on the performance of the game if it has to send HTTP requests frequently. Plus, you would have to work with every Department Discord and script it for every team. Great idea but I think this should be a V3 thing.

14 Likes

Perhaps instead of discord integration it will display a GUI when you leave team with date, time, start and end as well as shift time - could potentially be faked sure but it would streamline logs being able to simply send a screenshot along with your info

8 Likes

Yeah, but firestone is laggy already, but I have seen other games that used this system and it wasn’t that bad.

3 Likes

Good idea, it’ll prevent some false logs though it’ll probably cause some lag.

5 Likes

different agencies prefer their own log ways

7 Likes

Don’t see a need for v2, but this has been in the plans for v3 from what I’ve heard and talked about the topic previously. Not fully confirmed.

4 Likes

hopefully not

3 Likes

There would honestly be no point to this because you can simply just do your logs the way they currently are. This wouldn’t prevent false logs, because I assume every other department requires proof for logs. There’s really not an issue of just filling in a few information on a patrol log though.

4 Likes

Ironically enough a department in Firestone already has something like this, where a discord bot tracks whether you are in the server to let you start logs.

Thing is, a lot of departments are comfortable with their logging systems at the moment, and the time it would take the founders to script something that sends directly to trello API for every department isn’t worth it.

One smaller thing you could add is a join/leave log, where it sends an embed to a channel in the main discord whenever someone joins/leaves, which could be used by departments to validate logs.

5 Likes

yes there is a department that has this!

6 Likes

lol remember when departments made people manually log

2 Likes

lol ikr imagine having to manually input logs :nail_care:

4 Likes

i like my manual logs!

1 Like

AGREED!
Who DOESN’T like paperwork???
why do you think I’m the AG… it’s a terrible job other than the fancy paperwork

3 Likes

lemme uh just push this back up. 10/10 idea

1 Like

It seems people who have never dev just throw the word lag out not understanding how that works

1 Like

This was already planned for v3

1 Like