Authorize the FBI the authority to Investigate State and Local Departments?

There are several DPS memebers that are stright up courrupt @Brotix is just trying to make a Bill so of something like this happens the FBI can interfere and fix it accordingly.

Do you want incompetent,courrpt DPS coming around with invaild suspensions,terminations, and blacklists going to scso and fucking it up? No… Half of DOC is resigning because of DPS, its that pathetic.

That’s exactly why FBI needs to step in but we can’t since it isn’t our jurstruction.

The only reason I started this discussion was to get the opinion and viewpoint of others to see if I needed to draft a bill that entails what is needed.

I understand. I recommend a bill should be drafted.

No…? This is what DPS and the DOJ (alone do). Stop trying to add random and needless powers.

If that isn’t what the Bureau does, then what is the Bureau’s job?

Bureau is defined here as the Firestone Bureau of Investigation

no ok no

@DannyboyJurist Listen to that,

1 Like

FBI already has jurisdiction to do this unless OVG or the current director took it away/is deciding not to do it

What jurisdictions and restrictions are there when they’re investigating?

The responsibility of the Department of Public Safety is to regulate and investigate affiliate departments, also known as emergency services.
(which has no jurisdiction to investigate State or Local Departments)

The responsibility of the Department of Justice is to enforce the law and to prosecute.

The responsibility of the Firestone Bureau of Investigation is to investigate entities of the government in edition to individuals.

Honestly maybe no.

jurisdiction

No, makes no sense. FSP, DOC, and SCSO would have two depts able to investigate them. Aren’t we getting a IA anyhow?

The goal of the FBI is not to investigate emergency services as DPS would. The FBI only handles matters of corruption and violating the law which would warrant an investigation. The DPS would have priority over investigating emergency services. This is not targetted directly at departments under the DPS but departments under the State and Local governments. If anything, the DPS and FBI would assist each other in matters with DPS taking lead when their departments are involved.

We need Internal Affairs agencies in departments who screw around. I’d name that department, but…

1 Like

If they screw around how can they be trusted with managing their own internal affairs.?