Are people losing interest being in Congress?

Are people losing interest being in Congress?

• People are losing interest
  • People still want to be apart of Congress

0 voters

If you voted yes, what are the biggest reasons people don’t want to be in Congress?

• No real benefit in the county (Such as money or any real job)
  • Primary job
  • People leaving Firestone
  • Corruption
  • Hard to join or can’t get enough signatures
  • Not aware about elections

0 voters

Reply on how to legislators, developers, or any other government official can do to help solve these issues. Also, reply if you think there are other problems besides the ones listed above.

2 Likes

County Government for the win :sunglasses:

3 Likes

i still enjoy congress.

3 Likes

[Primary Job] I enjoyed congress when I was in it, however it being a primary job thing made the county boring for 4 months. I did however join secondary departments during my term, like DOC, but I missed FSP a lot.

[Corruption] Corruption and scandals doesn’t make things easy. Also you’re under the public eye on important bills, you may disagree with them, but if you Nay it you ruin your career in the public eye. Depending on the bill though, people usually forget overtime.

[No County Benefits] No benefit in the county, only Secret Service when you’re in danger.

Also should be another option: Drama! Either between the two houses or one branch of government starting drama with the other.

4 Likes

After 3 terms I got bored, no real benefit in actual v2 and the capitol voting scripts are broken and I believe they are still broken after months of developer requests to fix.

6 Likes

They are still broken. :frowning:

2 Likes

Are there any other reasons or comments?

2 Likes

there are 13 people running for senate though, well that just being whos on the ballot

4 Likes

^ which is more than its ever been in a while

3 Likes

The house has never, at least in my times of running, had a full ballot initially. We ended up ending elections with roughly the same amount of people it appears this election will end with, and then starting another one in a few days to gain the required amounts.

Something funny I noticed is that within the first two weeks, several people resign because they realize the job wasn’t for them - yikes!

3 Likes

I’ll be writing a few laws this next term in regards to this and other positions in high demand.

2 Likes

Like what?

2 Likes

I will release everything at a later date.

Everything is planned out.

2 Likes

wheres the “just dont want to be in congress” option

2 Likes