I have recently joined some businesses as an employee and after speaking to some business owners, it has raised some questions that I have regarding how business owners pay wages to its employees.
It is my understanding (and do correct me if I have not fully got the idea) that a business owner is paying employee wages directly from their own bank account / wallet. The money they pay to employees is their own earned cash and the only way for them to obtain some profit from their business is to sell items to customers (which is not going to be be enough to pay a decent wage to an employee on a regular basis).
Does this mean that there is no advantage to becoming a business owner, as they are never going to be earning any profit or revenue for themselves? Other than the satisfaction of being a business owner and running a successful business, it seems you are losing more money than you are earning.
So, now I have raised the concern - let me discuss a suggestion:
At the moment, an employee will receive the money/profit from a customer when an item is sold. What if this money, instead of going to an employee, went into a business bank account (managed by the business owner) so that they could still earn a profit and distribute pay from money made via profits?
- It would add more functionality to the bank and its banking accounts / systems.
- It would provide more control to the business and its owner with account/pay management.
- Business Owners would make a profit from the revenue instead of using their own money/funds.
- It would encourage activity/shifts to be hosted for businesses as the more customers that are served - the more profit would be made to go into the business bank account.
- Bank Statements could be provided to prove that funds have been paid (and this could be linked into law enforcement, such as the FBI to investigate any mismanagement/embezzling of funds).
This sounds like a very development heavy task, and I may have the wrong understanding of how this works that I am unaware of but after speaking to some business owners it seems they are all at a disadvantage and that this way of paying wages from their own funds provides them with no profit.
Let me know what you think about this idea and I hope something similar to this can be implemented in the future to provide more realistic use of businesses and their profits/revenue.