AR-15 rifles for FSP

Alright. Just throwing it out there as a possible suggestion. If it won’t work out, then alright.

1 Like

not needed fsp is not swat

1 Like

Like tacticalwhale said, you’re not trained for such situations and frankly you lot shouldn’t be breaching places with high-risk units.

When a situation like such occurs, for example CD, your job is to maintain crowd distance and order, NOT join in on a breach.

Tbh an AR-15 is not required for FSP.

CRT and SWAT are on S/B most of the time, at least CRT is, (as swat we still have to patrol as normal Deputies) most of the time but yea at least one of us will be on and should request them when needed. Shotguns will soon come so yea.

And then wait 10 minutes and be dead 8 times over

Should replace the shotgun, support.

You have CRT and SWAT for that ok

If you guys want bigger guns, than leave your Department and go apply for DHS or SCSO:SWAT. Since, FSP is not mean’t to have big guns as most State patrol, Patrol the State highway’s and take care of most Traffic Infractions. While the Sheriff’s Office take care of more higher crimes and such. I just think FSP should not get AR-15’s as they don’t need it for the job their supposed to do.

I do agree FSP needs to have some sort of upper hand on fire power. I do of course have my reasons and here they are.

1. CRT, SWAT and FNG are not always availiable.
  2. With the incline of crime in Firestone, CRT, SWAT and FNG would have to be on call 24/7. Why have them on call 24/7 when Troopers and even Deputies can defend themselves with a simple rifle?
  3. With rifles comes a larger round, larger caliber means more damage.
  4. Slightly faster chambering and discharing as compared to the G23.
  5. Larger magazine, this will decrease the amount of trips we have to take back to the HQ for more ammo.
  6. Currently we have a limited amount of rounds in a gun fight, worst scenario you run out of ammo and now a sitting duck. We do not want this situation, as it can easily become annoying causing frustration.

These are just some of the main reasons as to why LEOs should be able to carry something that packs a bit more of a punch. Of course it doesnt have to be only an AR-15, but we are just protesting for something more to protect ourselves with. Now I do see some of you on here, current and former LEOs arguing this. Why? Do you want more power for your Department? Well, we arent here for competition. We are here to serve the State of Firestone, not get our panties in a knot over tech and equipment. We work together at a reasonable disposal for resources. Just be reasonable people and help protect and serve the citizens of Firestone.

can you maybe not like post on topics that were from 2 weeks ago idk but it seems pointless k thx

theres swat and crt for a reason

necrobump