"Another one bites the dust."

Thank you for actually not filing this thread up. I apprciate it.

1 Like

bump it up

I’d say that DPS had a great ambition, however, they got a bit too much, where they are acting like a HICOMs in its child department and controlled way too much of those unimportant stuffs. They should have stop.

Great way to put it.

So if I don’t do it they’ll suspend me. Righty ho, well I have an issue there. If you’re going to host it, host them during times where both people in EST and GMT, etc. can come. Because right now, if you’re going to suspend people who don’t do it BECAUSE they CAN’T, that’s messed up.

Or better yet… say no for once in your life and let FSREMT get back up. Kthx!

Looking for more opinions.

hello people

About that, I envision POST teaching only the basics of what they should know. It should be up to the department itself to teach EMT-B and stuff like that.

The vast majority of BTT/BDT’s is a giant review on what they had went over in POST, I feel that is not needed. If they show they don’t know how a HRS/Traffic Stop works, then I can go and revoke it without hesitation.

First aid certification is absolutely stupid. Honestly. People should already know how to put on a band-aid and do some other stuff. Of course, DPS thinks that we’re not capable of putting on some gauze wrap and a bandaid.

My point is, I am not gonna let POST teach EMT–B. That is something SCFD and DHS/SCSO/FSP can agree on to put in their BAT/BDT/BTT, not POST. POST’s job is to teach the officers the basic essentials, not give them things that does not relate to being a peace officer.

Let FSP/SCSO/DHS teach EMT-B in their orientations, not POST. It’s stupid in the first place that DPS has put so many courses.

DPS makes me feel proud to be in a non-DPS department. That’s that.

2 Likes

Shush aly

@Atlyarch

I do agree that DPS is going a bit overboard.

Agreed

bumpy

In my professional opinion, I agree and disagree with certain parts of the requirement. However, I believe that some people are perceiving this as a worse problem than it really is.

I can definitely see why they would mandate departments to obtain this certification, it is realistic, and law enforcement officers should be required to know the most basic information regarding how to treat an injured civilian (controlling hemorrhaging and whatnot).

I specifically disagree with the points made pertaining to how they forced it upon all child departments, especially in such a (kind of) minor timeframe.

To change this, I’d rather they possibly at least extend this timeframe, maybe have a more organized system, such as a chart with times and dates where the session to obtain the certification is hosted. Or, to take a different stance, they could just keep it optional but highly urge it.

Like you stated, first aid is one of the most efficient and useful skills someone may possess, which is a concluding factor as to why I mainly support this.

1[Signature]

1 Like

Well done, sir.

Yes, Departments have their own Policies and their own divisions to write policies. It seems the Department of Public Safety is taking away the power the other departments have.

Your response is highly noted, and many of these ideas were already discussed. We’re hoping to expand the timeframe more, and possibly make it optional once again. It would be a great shame if we ended up having to suspend someone becuase they aren’t first aid certified.

I like your response.

im testing